PHASE 31 - THE GORY SWORD PRINCESS

“Big Sis!”

Heushac exclaimed as he rushed to his long-lost sister. But for some reason, Rikkun blocked him with his hand. I was surprised that Helena was alive too, but I can feel that something is off.

Especially that right mechanical arm of hers. It has scales and metal spikes, and blue glowing veins are running through it. It looks foreign as if it came from alien technology.

“Heushac, settle down. That’s not Helena…” Rikkun said with his golden cross sigil on his eyes glowing, indicating that he currently has his <Presage> activated. “She will attack you the moment you approach her.”

“Big sis will never do that!” Heushac yelled.

“Ohoho~” Helena laughed with a threatening grin. “So the Prophet knows what’s up. You can predict the future after all.”

Suddenly, Helena’s robotic right arm extended like rubber and grabbed the restrained witch by the nape of her neck.

“Big sis Helena…” Heushac frowned. He can’t believe that his sister is no longer on our side.

“Helena Efilion…” Mia muttered. “Help me get out of this magical rope… please.”

Helena’s attention went to the shackled witch. From the way Mia talks, they are allies but Helena’s gaze at her was not pity but mere disappointment.

“I never thought you and Void Wolf are fools for being defeated by mere Gate Guardians. I thought capturing the God Core of Mars is easy enough for you, but oh well… I’ll do it myself.”

Helena materialized her greatsword. Lord Mercury and the other Gate Guardians are about to charge, but for some reason, fear itself has consumed our thoughts.

Helena raised her big sword.

“It seems that the Outsider has already removed the Outer God Core of Shub-Niggurath from your heart. Without that, you’re nothing. You’re good as dead...!”

The blade went down.

“Gahak!”

Helena stabbed Mia’s heart with full force and weight! Dark blood gushed out from her chest and mouth. Red fluid got splattered on the floor. Not being satisfied for being brutal, she drove her blade from the witch’s lungs all the way to the throat!

“N...Nnnnn…..” Mia’s soft cries are no longer audible for her vocal cords are now sliced up.

“T-That’s horrible…” I covered my mouth and closed my eyes. I don’t want to watch a once precious friend butcher a helpless person.

“B-Big sis… Why did you do that!?” Heushac cried.

“My baby brother.” Helena’s smile was those of a killer clown’s. “You don’t know what this world can offer. You’re too young to make a footstep with your tiny feet. Too innocent.”

“Helena…” Rikkun muttered. “What happened to you? Why do you wield the eye of a Cursed Guardian? How did you return back from the dead?”

“Oh yeah, I forgot that I died.” Helena chuckled as she walked around, her metal boots clanking for every step she takes. “Or did I? You saved me after all.”

“What do you mean…”

“The Outsider must have told you that mere activation of the Fake God Core of Cthulhu shall rewrite fate. You used that during our battle against Fenrir, and I was saved… And I was not pleased with that. I was better off dead.”