PHASE 36 - THE WARMTH OF A BRO-HUG

The night is still dark and full of terror. All the flames from the burnt houses are no more. Only the blinking streetlamps are the source of light in this place. There are multiple craters around this highway due to my outrageous fight with Diadem. That devil really made this small village a mess.

Now that my true enemy is gone, my eyes are fixated on the shrine maiden in front of me.

Tiara Hikari.

I… Do I love her?

Really, Alaric?

Don’t make me laugh!

ALL I CAN THINK OF IS TO CUT THIS WOMAN’S LIMBS INTO SHREDS AND HEAR HER DYING SCREAM AS I SLIT HER THROAT!!!

“...It’s over now, Rikkun…” Tiara muttered. She was still hiding her face by keeping her eyes on the ground.

“Traitor!” I shouted.

“It’s not what you think, Rikkun!” She cried as she clenched her fist. “Diadem’s mind is just corrupted by an Eidolon! I… I can still turn him back!!!... I-If you want… I’ll atone for the sins of my twin brother!”

“Well then…” I positioned my giant katana and charged it with wind energy. “<Aero Twirl>!!!”

“Kyaaaaah!” Tiara uttered a loud cry! She didn’t even think about blocking or evading. She directly caught the attack, which made her shrine maiden clothes tattered like a dirty rag. She even has multiple cuts all over her wrist, shoulders, legs, and body!

But she stood there, not backing down. Blood dripped from her wounds, and tears fell from her eyes.

“That’s not enough!” I shouted. “Chrisprel, Ranley, Daughty… They are all my brothers! Your brother should suffer the pain of  death, three times!”

I am no longer thinking straight. All I have in my mind, body, and soul commands me to kill this woman! That’s right. By killing his precious twin sister, I shall inflict a third of my pain to Diadem!

My giant katana absorbed darkness from the sky. The ground was shattered by the tremendous energy. It’s now ready for my most powerful spell as a Fake God!

“<Void Art: Limbo Spiral>!!!”

A hurricane made up of dark force drilled towards the defenseless shrine maiden! Due to her instinct, she caught the projectile with her hand and used <Assimilate> in an attempt to completely repel it. But she was only able to absorb a half of my special attack!

“Kah!”

The residue dark gusts gave her slices all over her body. There are a lot of cuts on her shrine maiden uniform, and the blood of her wounds created red spots on her white outfit.

It may be my imagination, but I saw Tiara’s eyes glowing red. No, it’s real! Her eyes are crimson! But the golden cross sigil retained on her irises!

Suddenly, her long black hair warped into a silver one, just like her evil twin brother. Now the devil siblings look the same, except that Tiara has this silver fox tail on her back. But how many times I look at it, I can only conclude that she’s also a Cursed Guardian!

Interesting… Hahaha! Interesting indeed! So my <Presage> was correct after all! She is the one who will torment me till the end of time!

“So you have finally shown your true colors, Brightmore Witch!” I shouted with a fake smile on my face. I’m trembling with hatred and disgust.