PHASE 84 - YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK OUT THIS SOCIAL EXPERIMENT

The peacefulness of having no pending deaths makes feel safe and sound. It’s like I’m free again, unable to worry about anything that may happen to all of us.

I was already on my school desk twenty minutes before our morning classes would start. I got so extremely punctual because I just withdrew my first salary as a member of Aether Crusade from the ATM inside our school.

I have so much money right now, and Amy said that there will be the second, third, and fourth batch of our incoming salaries. With this compensation, I’d better off not finishing senior high and continue being a Gate Guardian.

No. I shouldn't think like that. I still have a dream of finishing college. Besides, this money's worthless. It may trigger my inner greed to the extreme and I might turn into a Cursed Guardian again. I can’t afford to transform into a tentacled creature and attempt to murder my friends.

I turned around and saw my pervert classmates Andrew and Nichols. They are watching some movie on a phone, and they are both wearing headsets via Bluetooth. I can tell that they’re both watching a porno again.

I just thought of a terrible experiment.

“Hey, Nichols.” I waved at my classmate. Nichols ignored me and continued to invest in his boner. But then I made a critical hit by uttering these words: “You want ten thousand bucks?”

“What?” Nichols tilted his head.

“Would you kiss Andrew’s lips for ten thousand bucks?” I made a devilish grin.

“Hell no! I would never-”

I immediately reached bundles of cash from my pocket and slapped it to his face. The impact should have hurt his nose, but Nichols didn’t care. His eyes are now filled with the dollar sign.

And then… He glared at his best friend with desperation. Andrew noticed him, and now he’s nervously laughing as he mutters under his voice: “You can’t be serious!”

But Nichols is serious. He’s now crawling towards Andrew and squeezed his face, forbidding him to flee. And now the peaceful school morning was polluted by Andrew’s dying screams.

“W-Wait, bro! Don’t fall into money’s temptations! W-Wait! Whaaaaaa-!!!”

Smooch.

Amy is right. Money is a powerful temptation. Greed is terrifying.

<>

The bell rang from the tenth floor of the campus, signaling the end of the day. Our last period, which is Macho Steel’s world history class, has finally dismissed. As the students went out of the room, I noticed that Macho Steel summoned Tiara’s attention. I happen to eavesdrop on their conversation.

“You need to study well for the incoming finals. You shouldn’t let your part-time job and extracurricular activities ruin your studies.” Then Macho Steel gave out her quiz paper. 53/100, it’s pretty bad. The passing score is 80.

“I-I-I’m sorry Mr. Kent!” Tiara politely bowed. “I-I’ll give my best in the upcoming exams!”

Macho Steel apparently found out that I was able to see and hear everything. I’m just hiding behind Tiara’s back, actually. “Why wouldn’t you help her, Mister Eisenhower?”

“M-Me?” I pointed my own face. “Why are you always assigning me to stick with her? What am I, Tiara’s babysitter?”

“Well, you got a high score of 96/100. You’re the second best student in this subject. You better help your girlfriend here.”