PHASE 96 - SONG OF THE GODDESS

There are still a lot of Gate Guardians left to continue this fight, even though our leader just died. Gate Guardians will still battle to avenge our deceased Legionmaster, Sister Amanda Cryst.

“You will pay for this!” One of the Gate Guardian monks shouted. Then, all other Gate Guardians in different outfits and races unleashed projectile spells such as lightning missiles, ice balls, and wheels of flames.

All of it was caught by Aeternos, who never moved an inch. There were an explosion and a smoke, but when it faded, it revealed the all mighty platinum white knight, completely unaffected by the attack.

“<VOID ART: SOUL FEAST>!!!”

Several shadow arms emerged from its metallic head, and chased the Gate Guardians in the front lines! As soon as they got caught by the dark hands, their soul was crushed, leaving hundreds of bodies falling into the thick snow.

Heushac on his armor form, together with Drex and Benedict repelled those hands for us with their sword swings and mace smashes. Kristoff, Emily, and Ayano shot down some of the hands with their <Aero Twirl> spell.

“These hands are quite troublesome! Don’t let them catch you!”

Good thing, the duration of the spell ended after a minute. All the hands disappeared, but it left soulless bodies on the ground. Gate Guardians around us seem lifeless like piles of dirty dolls.

This is a horrific sight…

I suddenly felt that my eyes are now woozy. Strength has finally left my body, and the only way I can stay standing up is to lean on my katana that was stabbed on the ground. I felt that the pain on my severed left arm is acting up!

“Rikkun!” Tiara shrieked as she assisted me to stand up.

“<Royal Imperative> is wearing off.” Amy has this worried glare on me. “Your body is in shock. Your adrenaline must have been the only way that you can still go on.”

Amy looked around her and witnessed the soulless corpses of our fellow Gate Guardians for the second time. Then she had this pitiful stare at me once again.

“...I can still fight.” I said as sweat ran down on the side of my face.

Amy has this doubted look on her face. She made a heavy sigh as she smiled.

“Guess I have no choice... <Goddess Core: Freya Ascension>!!!”

Now she’s back to being a goddess. “Everyone, protect me for a minute!” Lord Freya ordered as she kneeled into a praying position.

Looks like she has a plan!

Everyone felt a massive energy gathering around our praying goddess. No, it’s not just massive. It’s infinite. Light particles started to swirl around her as she closed her eyes and mumbled a soothing song.

“Oh heavens, I pray this song to you. Oh, love that I have come to.”

This song… I haven’t heard the lyrics before, but for some reason, the tone… It’s like…

“Thou shall offer thy heart to the Frozen Soul for you…”

“...Amy…”

<>

Aeternos had his attention to us once again. He saw the pillar of light which was made of millions of golden particles. With his ice projection, Aeternos materialized a thick buster sword, ready to slash us all. But he’s mainly aiming for Freya. Whatever she’s doing, it gives a considerable threat to our overpowered enemy.