PHASE 99 - THE OVERDUE CONFESSION LETTER

And so, the battle against the New Order has been settled. The captured Cursed Guardians are now purified due to the omnipotent powers of the <Song of Salvation>. And now, all the major threats to mankind has been eliminated. There are still Eidolon attacks but it's now rare as a four-leafed clover.

The operation is generally a success for having only one casualty.

Everything is fine.

...

...That's not really the case for me.

I have to think over it. We have holidays for a reason, and Christmas is just in the corner. So I had myself on the bus, going home to Mirose Grande...

...Without Amy.

The endless whirring of the bus engine covered my own silence. I was preoccupied with watching the silhouette of the trees pass through. My mind is completely blank, and my heart is filled with sorrow. All I'm feeling right now is pure emptiness.

"Rikkun..."

Tiara is here beside me. She asked permission to spend the rest of the holidays to my hometown, and the head shrine maiden Asumi granted it. I know Tiara's reasons. She didn't want me to spend my Christmas in a lonely manner.

Her blue eyes are still filled with sadness, but she mustered her strength to make a smile. "...I'm still here, you know? Necchan's soul... it's inside me. I'm both Necchan and Tiara... So... She didn't really leave us alone."

I fully comprehended her explanations, but all I can do is to make a face that is trying hard to suppress my tears. When Tiara realized that I'm doing my best, her hand wrapped my cold fingers and her other hand drove my head to her shoulder to lean.

And then, she hummed a song that made me feel at peace.

<>

It was already eight in the evening when we arrived at the Mirose Grande Hospital. I know that Mr. Noctis would be here late in the night, watching his beautiful wife sleeping gorgeously.

They don't know what happened to Amy yet, and I want to be the one to reveal everything to them. I will grab all the bravery I got to give them this sorrowful revelation. Tiara is here to support me. I know I can do it.

But when I opened the door where Mrs. Noctis was confined, I was the one who was shocked by a wonderful revelation. It was a miracle.

Mrs. Noctis is sitting on her bed, together with her husband. She has finally awakened from a five-year coma. Mrs. Noctis regained her beautiful appearance which has long blonde hair and purple eyes. I almost thought she was Lord Freya, but her gaze at me was more on motherly love.

"Alaric... It's been a long time..." Mrs. Noctis smiled with tears on her eye.

"...Mrs... Noctis..." I muttered.

"...Come... Take a seat." Mr. Noctis said.

Tiara and I went in front of them, but both of us refused to lay down. We have a responsibility to be the bearer of bad news.

But as I was about to open my mouth, Mrs. Noctis stopped me.

"...We already know."

"...Huh!?"

"Jeannette talked to me in my dream." Mrs. Noctis made a genuine smile. "Your best friend made a long farewell to us. One of her wishes is to revive me from an endless sleep. And it was granted. It was a miracle that only she can achieve. At first, I wanted to stop her, but she said that her life is already full of colorful charms. She's already satisfied with her life, so she decided to take on the ultimate sacrifice. She had no regrets because of you, Alaric."