PHASE 34 - TAKE MY HAND AND I'LL HELP YOU DEFEAT THE DARK SIDE

PHASE 34 - TAKE MY HAND AND I’LL HELP YOU DEFEAT THE DARK SIDE

I can’t believe it.

My friend Chrisprel, who was just living a few seconds ago, was turned into a lifeless charred corpse. I can barely recognize the body, for he was completely burnt black. He was killed for no reason at all.

Tears went down from my eyes. My hands and feet are trembling with the mix sensation of anger and fear. This is what I had in my <Presage>. A burning house, and burnt corpses. It all matches the description! I was a fool enough not to believe it!

“W-Who the hell are you?!!!” I was shaking as I pointed my katana at the mysterious black man, whom I suppose is a Cursed Guardian.

Suddenly, the cloaked enemy ran and circled around me! He’s too nimble as if he has the speed of a falcon. Using my <Presage>, I predicted his movement and his location for the next twelve seconds.

“<Snowflake Shuriken>!!!” I launched the projectile to his future location!

To my surprise, he caught the attack with his left hand as if it’s just a frisbee and melted it with his flame-hand powers.

I should have thought that I’m not his target. Because now, with his superhuman agility and monstrous strength, he caught another friend.

“Ranley!!!”

The Cursed Guardian prepared his sword to make a stab! According to my <Presage>, Ranley’s heart will be pierced, and his body will be swallowed by flames and turn into a burnt corpse.

I was too far away from my friends, so <Ether Switch> won’t do! <Snowflake Shuriken> won’t work on this enemy, and <Aero Twirl> will likewise injure my friends.

I...I don’t know what to do!

Suddenly, everything became black and white. Everything stopped moving as if the whole event was paused. The flames of the burning house stopped waving as if we’re just inside a diorama.

“Alaric Eisenhower. This is your time to become a real hero.”

It was The Outsider, who was walking casually in front of my face. As much as I want to slice his guts, I can’t. My body is frozen. I can only move my eyes and my mouth.

“You saw your own future. A burning house, and five burnt corpses. One down, four more to go.” The Outsider made a devilish smug. “I doubt that your friends and your teacher will survive this one.”

“I will not make a contract with you!” I shouted.

“Well then.” He raised his shoulders as he made a smirk. And for an instant, he disappeared. Time also retained its natural flow.

... I wish that it should have stayed frozen.

The red sword pierced through Ranley’s chest, all the way to his heart and spinal cord. Blood spurted from his mouth and eyes, but he used his remaining strength to hug the enemy and pinned him down for a while!

“Alaric!” He shouted with his last ounce of strength as his clothes and skin were eaten up by flames. “I’ll...hold him... for you...”

I bolted forward, wishing that I could catch up. But deep inside my mind, I know that whether or not I defeat the enemy, Ranley’s life would still end. He’s using himself as a sacrificial pawn...

Suddenly, four dark flames, about the size of a regular human-spawned from the ground and blocked my path. The four flames formed itself into a human body, which was identical to the Cursed Guardian. All four is a perfect clone of him!