PHASE 43 - I'M SORRY, BABY BROTHER MARK II

PHASE 43 - I’M SORRY, BABY BROTHER MARK II

“My, my… Aren’t you two lovebirds sweet, walking side by side in the middle of the night?” Helena made a devilish grin as her crimson eyes glowed. Both of her eyes bear the same triangle sigil. Now she’s a full-fledged Cursed Guardian. Staring at her irises makes me terrified and part of me wants to run away.

“Helena…” Rikkun muttered as he spread his arms, protecting me from making a step further. “What do you want?”

“I think I told you before. I want to kill that precious lady beside you and consume her soul. I wonder what the Fragment of the Frozen Soul tastes like.” The terrifying sword princess licked her lips.

“B-But why?” I asked as I held my aching chest. “M-Miss Helena, I-I don’t think I did something wrong!”

“Still as innocent as ever, my adorable Tiara. I really wanted to have a baby sister like you. But I’m sorry. Your big sister wants to sing the <Song of Salvation> herself… I want to sing it… to grant my own wishes.”

Rikkun turned to me and whispered. “Tiara, run away while I buy some time. Don’t call for backup.”

“B-But why?” I exclaimed.

“At our current state, nobody can defeat Helena. We will just lose our friends in a silver platter.”

“I won’t leave you alone, no matter what!” I pumped my arms. Then I materialized my Weapon Gem, which is my healing staff.

“Idiot! She only wants you!” Rikkun scolded me.

“Even so, I won’t leave you!” I cried.

“Hahahaha!!!” Helena laughed. “You guys are talking about escaping while keeping me occupied, right?... Don’t worry, none of you will make it out alive!”

“<God Core: Freyr Ascension>!!!”

“<Penta-God Core: Zeus-Odin-Vishnu-Mars-Mercury, Ascension>!!!”

They both transformed at the very same time.

Helena still had her mechanical knight armor, but with some few upgrades. There are plenty of black swords encircling around her back, shaping it like a sun. Her helmet, armguard, and steel boots have these black wings similar to Lord Mercury. Her robotic right arm transformed into a large spear. Blue lightning swirled upon every inch of her armor, showing dominance and authority in the realm of gods and mortals.

“Five God Cores…” Lord Freyr muttered. “This is impossible.”

“You know…” Helena talked with her echoing cybernetic voice. “I can erase this whole city... no, the whole country in just a swing of my sword or spear. But I chose not to because my baby brother might get killed.”

“And yet, you almost killed him,” Freyr said. “You’re so twisted that you don’t know what you’re doing anymore.”

“I KNOW WHAT I’M DOING!!!” Helena angrily shouted. “I will collect the twelve God Cores and use the <Song of Salvation> in order to change fate! I will use the omnipotent power to bring a happy ending to my baby brother!!!”

The swarms of swords on the mechanized knight’s back started to hover in the air, and rushed to Freyr’s position!

“Haaa!” Freyr immediately parried all those flying swords with his katana! Homing swords went stuck to the ground as the God of Kings made a magnificent display of his sword skills to deflect all incoming projectiles!