Chapter-10

(EDITED AND REVISED)

Scarlett's POV

I took the parcel and went side. I placed it on table in living room and headed to my room upstairs. I freshened up and changed into comfy clothes. It was 6:30 already so i went to kitchen and decided to cook dinner. There were enough ingredients to prepare chicken gravy and rice.

It was 7:45 when i finished cooking. Aunt stella was not back yet. So i decided to wait for her and sat in living room and switched on television.

After settling into sofa my eyes landed on parcel that arrived earlier. It was neatly packed with brown wrapping paper. There was handwritten card on top of it with 'scarlett jones'.

I took to open it but the front door opened at same time and very tired looking aunt stella came in. She smiled weakly at me and went to her room.

I placed the parcel back on table and decided to serve dinner. I heated up dinner in microwave and called out aunt stella. I served the dinner and we both were eating in silence until i decided to break it.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm just tired because of work pressure. Sandy is off for vacations so my work pressure is doubled." She said.

"Okay."

"Thank you for preparing dinner. I am dead tired today. I am glad you are here with me." She gave me a lazy smile.

"Don't thank me. You are already paying my every expense. It's so little what i am doing." I said.

She nodded. We finished our food.

"Thank you. Dinner was delicious." She commented.

"Thanks for the compliment. You can go have rest i will clean up the kitchen"

She smiled and went to her room. I quickly cleaned up the kitchen and dinning table.

I suddenly remembered about the parcel so i took it with me to my room before switching off all the lights.

I locked my bedroom door and sat on bed with parcel. I took out the name-card and unwrapped the box.

It was plae-green coloured gift box. I opened the lid and saw another handwritten note inside.

Dear scarlett,

You may not recognize me. I'm your mother's best friend. I returned texas from australia last week. I visited your home but no one answered so your neighbours told me that you moved to Chicago with Stella. I will be visiting you soon. We last met when you were five years old. I am so excited. I sent you one of my designed dresses as a gift. I hope you like it.

Yours,
Katherine Lamberts

I put the note on side and took out the dress. It was silky flowy evening gown with bare back and deep v cut in front. It was formal and sexy. I instantly liked it.

I don't remember any of my mother's friends so i decided to ask aunt stella about katherine lamberts tomorrow morning. After reading note it looks like they both know each other.

A yawn escaped from my mouth so i put aside everything and lifted covers till neck and fell in dark sleep instantly.

-------------------------------------------------------

Someone hugged me from behind. When i turned i saw it was micheal.

"You are late." I said pointing towards my watch.