Chapter-69 (EPILOGUE)

(EDITED AND REVISED)

20 YEARS LATER.....

Michael's POV

"You will not go and that's final Elle. Don't argue with me on this." I growled out and pinched my nose in frustration.

"But da-"

"NO MEANS NO ELEANOR. IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?!" I yelled making my daughter flinch.

"Liste-" before i could finish she stormed out banging the door loudly. I sighed and slumped in the chair and closed my eyes.

After few moments i heard door opening and closing. I felt soft touch of my wife's hand on my cheek.

"You've been very stressed lately Micheal."she whispered.

I opened my eyes to meet her warm brown ones. I sighed and pulled her into my lap. I nuzzled my head into her chest and sighed.

"I know baby. It's not about work. Elle is still young. I can't let any damn boy take advantage of our innocent little daughter." I said.

"I understand where you coming from honey. But you have to consider that she is not a child anymore. She is twenty Micheal. You have to give her freedom of choice. Let her make her own mistakes and learn from them. You cannot always hide her behind your shadow." She said running her hands through my hair.

"But she is my little princess." I whined.

"Micheal sweetie she is my daughter too. You can't keep her away from world forever. You have to let go." Scarlett whispered.

Her words were like the bitter truth i never wanted to hear. I'm used to my little girl being happy in my arms. I sighed and nodded.

"Fine. Where is she?" I asked with a heavy heart.

"In her room. She didn't want to disappoint you even if you were wrong and cancelled her date." Scar smiled sadly.

I let her on her feet and we both went upstairs to our daughter's room. Small sniffles could be heard from the other side making my heart break.

"Elle sweetie can we come in?" Scar lightly knocked.

Few moments later the door opened and elle's red face peeked through the door.

"We just want to talk honey." I said.

She opened the door wider to let us in. We all sat on her bed. A tense silence lingering for few moments. I sighed and looked at my two girls. Scarlett motioned me to talk. I nodded and scooted towards my princess.

"Baby, i didn't mean to hurt you. It's just i never realised you grew up this fast. For me you are still my little girl with pink chubby cheeks and an adorable smile. I'm just protective of you all that's it. After all you guys are all i have. " I said and looked down.

My daughter's petite frame wrapped around me. I instantly took her into my embrace. She rested her head on my chest.

"I'm sorry dad. I just wanted to experience a normal teenage life. I know you care about me a lot but i just want to live my life without your pressure. It's suffocating. But if you don't want i won't go on dates. You are my father afterall. I won't defy you."she whispered.

"It's not that. I can't belive I'm saying but i won't bother you from now on. You are free to do as you please. Just remember that me and your mom is always there with you no matter what. I didn't realise the fact that I was holding you back so much." I said looking into her eyes.

"Really?! Thanks dad i love you so much." She squealed and started jumping.

"I love you too Princess. But you have to be home before ten and no arguments on that." I said sternly.