Chapter-47

(EDITED AND REVISED)

Thank you manucarvalhoo14 for all the votes till now.🖤🖤🖤🖤

Michael's POV

I was currently in meeting with one of my clients. And honestly i wasn't interested in his babbling.

I just wanted to go back to my office and hold my woman.

"..... will send you the contract by tomorrow. Is that okay with you Mr. Wilson?"

"Huh?" I said snapping back.

"I said my secretary will send you the contract by tomorrow. Is that okay with you?" He repeated again with irritated look.

"Sure." I said and got up fixing my blazer.

We exchanged professional pleasantries and ended the meeting.

Finally!!

I groaned internally and made my way to my office. I slowly opened the door and looked around. Scarlett was passed out on couch.

I smiled and shook my head. She was one cute little flower. My flower.

I sat on my seat and resumed my working.

I was going through some documents when i heard a ping. Must be Scarlett's.

After few seconds i heard another point. Followed by another. And another.

I ignored them. Must be her friends i thought.

After a few seconds her phone blared. She jerked from her nap and picked up her phone from table and have it a sleepy glance.

Upon seeing the screen her face morphed into confusion.

"Who is it scar?" I asked. The phone stopped ringing.

She shrugged her shoulders. The phone started ringing again.

She accepted the call. I watched her intently.

After few moments tears started pouring down her face. In a flash i was at her side. Hugging her.

Who's calling?  I thought to myself.

I let her finish call in patience. With every nanosecond anger spread through my every nerve like molten lava.

I was moment away from snatching hey phone away when she lowered the damn machine down.

As soon as she put the phone down i pulled her into me and held her tightly. My arms snaked around her in protective grip.

She was full on sobbing. Her petite frame shook violently in my arms.

I let her cry. I tried to soothe her by rubbing her back slowly

I whole body was stiff with anger. My jaw was locked. I so wanted to murder the person who made my Scarlett cry.

After few minutes her sobs finally died down. I let her cool down and kissed her head.

She pulled away and looked at me with those big doe eyes which were red and puffy from crying.

I took her face in my hands and kissed her forehead.

"Who was it?" I asked her. My voice was on edge. We both knew i was ticking bomb.

"M-my father." She croaked out.

My hands twitched to hit something upon hearing about that bastard. My hands fisted tightly till my knuckles turned white.