1. King and Shepherd

* Thank you for joining me! This is part two of my daily prayer/devotional 'It's Me Again God' but stands alone —you don't need to read part one first. It happens to begin part way through the Christmas season. Feel free to skip the first few chapters if you like and come back to them at Christmas. My devotional prayers from Chapter 81 are based around the book of Mark and lead up to Easter.
I look forward to having you join me for some quiet reflection over the Word!
May you be greatly blessed as you spend time with God each day! Helen Louise ❤️

It's me again God,

I love these quiet moments when I can escape from the busyness of the day just to seek You and be in Your presence! I am so thankful that You continually pour out Your love, mercy and grace to me in so many ways. Thank You for sending Jesus into the world so that I could be part of Your forever family. Thank You for Your Word the Bible and for the way You speak to me as I read it. Open my eyes and ears to the truth You have for me today as I read from the book of Matthew:

"After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him." When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. When he had called together all the people's chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Messiah was to be born. "In Bethlehem in Judea," they replied, "for this is what the prophet has written: "'But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will shepherd my people Israel.' ""
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭2:1-6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Father this is such a familiar story because I hear it every Christmas but today as I read those words, there are a few things that really stand out. First of all, the birth of Your Son was obviously a significant event because even while Jesus was still a baby and had not begun performing miracles, people were drawn to him. He truly was 'wonderful' as Isaiah had prophesied years before!

Some months after His birth, Magi, or wise men who studied the stars, came all the way from the east to worship him. They knew that Jesus had been born because of the star that had appeared and they were certain that it indicated the promised King of the Jews had arrived!

Not everyone was happy about the supposed arrival of this King, especially not the current King Herod! The whole city was also disturbed by the news! I imagine Herod became increasingly upset as the chief priests and teachers of the law reminded him that a ruler would come from Bethlehem to shepherd the people.

How precious that it was Your plan and purpose to send Jesus into the world as a King but also as our Shepherd! Later as Jesus ministered to people he said:

""I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."
‭‭John‬ ‭10:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You Jesus for being my Shepherd! You gave your life for me on the cross and You rose from the dead. You continue to be my Good Shepherd every day as You care for me and guide me.

The wise men were eager to find You and worship You. They put aside everything else to follow Your star to Bethlehem! This Christmas I want to put aside plenty of time to seek You and worship You too. Thank You Father for keeping Your promise to send a Saviour.

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.""
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭1:21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I worship You King Jesus because You have saved me from the burden of having to carry my sins and made it possible for me to have a relationship with God my Father. I praise You Jesus because You are my Shepherd and I shall not want for anything!

Thank You that I can pray in Your Name Jesus,
Amen.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

If you missed part one of 'It's me again God', have a look for it. It contains 200 of my previous letters to God. Here is the cover:

I usually update daily so I hope you can join me again so we can spend time with God together!

Blessings,
Helen Louise.

*The easiest way to keep up with my new publications is to follow me - helenlouise7.