110. Child-Like Faith

It's me again God,

I remember being a child and wishing that I was all grown up. Most children go through the stage of dressing up and perhaps walking around the house in their parent's shoes, playing mums and dads! It's interesting to be reminded as I read Your Word today, that actually there is something really great about being a child —their faith comes much easier!

"People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them."
‭‭Mark‬ ‭10:13-16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

When I listened to Bible stories as a child, I did believe! It was probably much later that I would question things, so I can understand what You were saying here. Child like faith is the thing that is most needed! Jesus, I love the way You took the children in Your arms and blessed them, despite others thinking that this would be a waste of Your time.  Your love was so clearly seen and is the perfect example for churches today to follow. I love the way our church blesses the children and loves them just like You did! So much effort is put into their programs so that they may come to know You! I pray right now that You will bless these little ones, that they may grow strong in their faith and be ready to be the church leaders and teachers of the future. Lord, young ones have so much to deal with as they grow up in this fast paced, ever changing world of social media. There are so many dangers for them but I just put these children and teens in Your hands and ask that You keep them safe. May they continue to have great leaders who lovingly teach from Your Word and live their lives honouring You so they are living testimonies of Your power and presence.

I also pray for the children who have grown away from You after going to Sunday School throughout their youth. Somewhere along the way, throughout their teens, their child like faith has been replaced by questions that they want to find answers for themselves —outside of the church. The pull of the world has drawn them into an entirely different lifestyle. Please keep these children safe as they find their way back to You and bless the families who are waiting for these precious ones to return to You. Renew their hope today Lord. May they know that You love them! Paul's words are my prayer for my loved ones who are far away from You:

"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭1:18-21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I believe that because You care so much about each one who goes astray, You would leave the 99 to go searching for them. Thank You for Your great love and concern over each one of Your children! There will be much rejoicing in heaven and here on earth, when the lost return to You!

In Your Name,
Amen.