63. The Free-Flowing Gift

It's me again God,

I don't have to look far to see see the effects of sin in this world. From broken relationships to cold blooded murder, it seems that sin has such a tight grasp on much of society.  While I could be tempted to think that certain people are far beyond being able to change, that would be to trivialise the amazing gift of grace we have in Jesus:

"When Adam sinned, the entire world was affected. Sin entered human experience, and death was the result. And so death followed this sin, casting its shadow over all humanity, because all have sinned. Sin was in the world before Moses gave the written law, but it was not charged against them where no law existed. Yet death reigned as king from Adam to Moses even though they hadn't broken a command the way Adam had.

The first man, Adam, was a picture of the Messiah, who was to come. Now, there is no comparison between Adam's transgression and the gracious gift that we experience. For the magnitude of the gift far outweighs the crime. It's true that many died because of one man's transgression, but how much greater will God's grace and his gracious gift of acceptance overflow to many because of what one Man, Jesus, the Messiah, did for us!

And this free-flowing gift imparts to us much more than what was given to us through the one who sinned. For because of one transgression, we are all facing a death sentence with a verdict of "Guilty!" But this gracious gift leaves us free from our many failures and brings us into the perfect righteousness of God—acquitted with the words "Not guilty!""
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:12-16‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Thank You that Your grace and gracious gift of acceptance has overflowed to me because of Jesus' death and resurrection!  Without Jesus, we all were guilty but in Him things are so different for everyone! Thank You that in accepting Your gracious gift, I am perfectly righteous! Thank You that the verdict over my life will always read 'not guilty'!

Lord I pray for my loved ones who have not accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.  Many seem so far from You and yet You are offering this same free-flowing, gracious gift to them. Lord use me to show them Your love and grace and bring other Christians into their lives to witness to them too, so they will be able to believe and receive Your righteousness. Lord may their eyes be enlightened to know the hope of that which Jesus called them to —the riches of Your glorious inheritance —May they know that Your Word is true!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.