50. Rejection & Persecution

It's me again God,

Thank You for Your mercies that are new every morning.  Thank You for Your love that reaches from the heavens in so many ways and shows me that You care about everything that is happening in my life. Lord there are many things that happen that feel like they will break my heart and many have to do with relationships. While you have given me an inbuilt desire for relationship and to seek to live in peace with those around me, the reality of living in a fallen world means that I will experience disillusionment, rejection and even persecution —the question is, how will I respond?

Natural tendencies would cause me to want to pay back evil for evil but this is not the way of love that Paul has been talking about in Romans 12.

"Speak blessing, not cursing, over those who reject and persecute you."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:14‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Jesus You gave me the ultimate example of this when You were being crucified and had been treated so terribly:

"Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots."
‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:34‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Jesus, You spoke on the topic and completely turned around the teachings of the past:

""Your ancestors have also been taught, 'Take an eye in exchange for an eye and a tooth in exchange for a tooth.' However, I say to you, don't repay an evil act with another evil act. But whoever insults you by slapping you on the right cheek, turn the other to him as well."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:38-39‬ ‭TPT‬‬

The busier our lives are getting, the less patient we seem to be with one another —especially on the roads where 'road rage' has become increasingly evident. Even the meekest person can get quite worked up when someone cuts them off or takes their parking space but you have put Your Spirit of love in our hearts and this is where our actions must flow from —not our old nature.

Help me with this Lord as I have a tendency to remember the ways others have rejected or persecuted me and if I dwell on the thought too long, it's like I am living through it again! Whenever such memories occur, I will say a quick prayer of blessing over them instead! As I say Your Name, Satan will flee and I will not fall into temptation! I trust You to help me to choose the high road to bring glory to Your Name in every situation I am in,

Amen.