48. Don't Give up in Time of Trouble

It's me again God,

Thank You that I don't need to wait in a queue to speak with You. When I wake—you are there! You know the cry of my heart even before I utter a word! Thank You for the hope that I have because Jesus died for me:

"Let this hope burst forth within you, releasing a continual joy. Don't give up in a time of trouble, but commune with God at all times."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:12‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Today as I put the cross always before me, may I rejoice in confident hope that never ceases. Help me to be able to have patience as I wait for Your assistance in difficult times. May I remember that You are answering my prayers even when I can't see an immediate change in the situation. I just need to stay in touch with You, praying continually because You care about me and remaining joyful, despite the circumstances.

"God, you're such a safe and powerful place to find refuge! You're a proven help in time of trouble— more than enough and always available whenever I need you. So we will never fear even if every structure of support were to crumble away. We will not fear even when the earth quakes and shakes, moving mountains and casting them into the sea. For the raging roar of stormy winds and crashing waves cannot erode our faith in you. Pause in his presence"
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭46:1-3‬ ‭TPT‬‬

I love this psalm that reminds me not to rely on how things may look but to continue to put my hope in You. You are more than able to meet my needs because Your supply never runs out!

"God has a constantly flowing river whose sparkling streams bring joy and delight to his people. His river flows right through the city of God Most High, into his holy dwelling places. God is in the midst of his city, secure and never shaken. At daybreak his help will be seen with the appearing of the dawn."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭46:4-5‬ ‭TPT‬‬

As the sun rises again today, just as it has every day of my life, may it remind me of Your ongoing goodness toward me:

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:19-20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Help me to remember today that just as the sun is shining even when it is hidden by clouds, so You are there even on those difficult days, working things out and waiting for me to commune with You. Thank You so much for Your ongoing love!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.