103. Who Do People Say I Am?

It's me again God,

Thank You for this beautiful new day! I am so blessed to be looking forward to spending it with You! Thank You for Your Word, the Bible which allows me to know so much about You. I have the complete picture of Jesus as recorded by different eyewitnesses and inspired by Your Spirit.

It must have been amazing to have lived during the time of Jesus' three years of public ministry before his death and even more exciting to be one of His chosen disciples, but even they must have struggled to understand who He was, as one day Jesus asked who they thought He was:

"Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked them, "Who do people say I am?" They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, one of the prophets." "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Messiah." Jesus warned them not to tell anyone about him."
‭‭Mark‬ ‭8:27-30‬ ‭NIV‬‬

There obviously was a lot of speculation about who You were Jesus! You must have felt relieved to hear Peter answer correctly for he knew You were the One spoken of by the prophets —the Messiah, Saviour and Lord! All along You knew the purpose for leaving Heaven to come here and it wasn't just to heal people and perform miracles! There was something much greater that was to come so at this stage,  You warned Your disciples not to tell anyone who You really were.

Thank You for coming Jesus and accomplishing all that Our Father planned! You came as a baby and even the angel who spoke to the shepherds in a field, announced Your purpose and mission:

"But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord."
‭‭Luke‬ ‭2:10-11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thirty three years later, You died on a cross in order to save all mankind and make it possible for us all to live forever in Heaven! You carried my sin and bore my sicknesses on the cross!

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭53:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I am so blessed to know You as my personal Saviour, Lord and co-heir! I have peace and am free from carrying the burden of my sin around with me for You took it all as You died on the cross. Thank You for loving me and taking the punishment I deserved so I could be reconciled to our Father.  You rose from the dead and I am saved for all eternity and by Your wounds, I am healed! There could be no greater news than that!

Hallelujah,
Amen.