98. Miracles

It's me again God,

This time alone with You is so precious! I love taking these moments at the start of the day to remember how amazing You are and admit how much I need You every moment of the day ahead. I come to You, the Creator of the universe, the great I AM, the Prince of Peace and I know that You hear me and already know what is on my mind and in my heart. I am so thankful for all the ways You have answered prayer in granting strength and safety. You go above and beyond what I ask —You never cease to amaze me!

Turning to Your Word, I love the way Mark describes Jesus taking time out at the end of a very busy day to have His quiet time with You. He makes a space by arranging for his disciples to travel by boat ahead of him. They probably expected Him to follow them later in another boat but they were in for a surprise!

"Immediately Jesus made his disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to Bethsaida, while he dismissed the crowd. After leaving them, he went up on a mountainside to pray. Later that night, the boat was in the middle of the lake, and he was alone on land. He saw the disciples straining at the oars, because the wind was against them. Shortly before dawn he went out to them, walking on the lake. He was about to pass by them, but when they saw him walking on the lake, they thought he was a ghost. They cried out, because they all saw him and were terrified. Immediately he spoke to them and said, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed, for they had not understood about the loaves; their hearts were hardened. When they had crossed over, they landed at Gennesaret and anchored there. As soon as they got out of the boat, people recognized Jesus. They ran throughout that whole region and carried the sick on mats to wherever they heard he was. And wherever he went—into villages, towns or countryside—they placed the sick in the marketplaces. They begged him to let them touch even the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed."
‭‭Mark‬ ‭6:45-56‬ ‭NIV‬‬

So much had been happening for these disciples that they were having trouble taking it all in! Clearly, they had trouble making sense of the miraculous provision of food for the five thousand and now here was Jesus walking on the water! Moment by moment, they were starting to build a picture of their new friend and master. They barely had time to accept one miracle before another appeared before their eyes! There wasn't much time for resting either as more and more people were hearing of the miraculous healings and hurried to Jesus to be healed.

There is so much to take from this passage but I find it so challenging to see the way people had faith that Jesus could heal and they knew if they were in close proximity to Him, they would see a miracle. Lord today I pray that I would have this same eagerness to be in Your presence all throughout the day ahead. How incredible it is to know that I have Your Holy Spirit actually inside of me so surely I can expect great things to happen today! Lord I am expecting the miraculous because You are the same yesterday, today and forever!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.