28. Ready

It's me again God,

So it's been good having You speak to me through nature these past couple of days. You really have had my attention! Thank You for opening my eyes to new things and reinforcing old things too. Life can sometimes seem very challenging —like walking through the desert without water, but as long as I have You, I am spiritually hydrated and fed —also, I am able to stand against the enemy!

Yesterday as I was walking during the scorching heat of the day in the middle of a heatwave, I felt like my feet were heavy weights and sweat was pouring off me! The conditions around me had such a big influence on how I felt and I was very aware of my need for protection from the sun. I dressed appropriately and sought out the shady places but this was all because conditions were extreme and survival mode kicked in!

This reminded me of my Christian walk with You. When circumstances are difficult, I run to You —I don't need to be prompted! When the 'heat' is on, I thirst for Your living water and I just want to stay in Your shadow. Thank You for always being there and welcoming me into Your arms during these trying times. Thank You that You also show me ways to be prepared for whatever comes my way even when I can't see any difficult issues ahead. You brought this to my attention the other day when I was thinking about the way cicadas are protected by an exoskeleton. I too need my armour on every day, then I will be ready for whatever conditions arise! I don't know when the enemy is going to attack so I always need to be ready!

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I have read this passage hundreds of times but today You are pointing out to me the word 'full'. Every part of  Your armour is necessary! Leaving one part out means I am not ready to take my stand against the enemy!

"Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:14-17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord I am so thankful that I know the truth because the enemy is the father of lies and every word that comes from his mouth is aimed at causing me to question what is true.

"...Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.""
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord I choose to hold onto every word of Your teaching! Thank You for the truth that has set me free from the law of sin and death!

Thank You that despite my sins, I am declared righteous because I have believed in Jesus' death and resurrection —His blood continually cleanses me!

"What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:8-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I am so blessed to have the Good News which brings me peace! It's what I stand on and it gives me power to move forward. I would be paralysed with fear without Your Gospel!

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:18‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for the shield of faith which ensures that any fiery dart the enemy throws against me, cannot harm me! I don't rely on how things look at the present time. The enemy cannot tell me it's a hopeless situation because my faith in Your finished work on the cross changes everything!

"For we live by faith, not by sight."
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You Jesus for the helmet of salvation:

"Jesus is "'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.' Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.""
‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:11-12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for the Sword of the Spirit —Your Word! It's how spiritual battles are won! Every lie of the enemy can be met with the truth of Your Word as the Spirit prompts. Thank You that although many things in this life perish and fade away, Your Word lasts forever! Help me to memorise Your Word so I can speak it out boldly when the enemy approaches!

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.""
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You God for equipping me with all I need for today! I have Your full armour on so I can withstand anything that comes my way! I am so blessed!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.