40. Waiting

It's me again God,

Waiting...it's hard to be waiting but You have so much to say about it that this morning I plan on taking a look in Your Word.  There are so many people who waited for things to happen but I think that Abraham and Sarah always stand out to me. Childless and getting on in years, these parents waited and waited, with Your promise that they would have many descendants.

"Now when God made a promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater than himself, he swore an oath on his own integrity to keep the promise as sure as God exists! So he said, "Have no doubt, I promise to bless you over and over, and give you a son and multiply you without measure!" So Abraham waited patiently in faith and succeeded in seeing the promise fulfilled."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:13-15‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Lord I rarely seem to remember to wait patiently but I ask that today I will remember that everything is in Your hands and I don't need to worry!

"Lord, the only thing I can do is wait and put my hope in you. I wait for your help, my God."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭38:15‬ ‭TPT‬‬

As I wait, I will remember the promises in Your Word:

"I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭130:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I can be filled with hope knowing that You will help me:

"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭33:20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You that You hear my voice amidst the millions of prayers coming to You today! You have heard my requests and my answers are on the way!

"In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭5:3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Yes I am expectant and I am excited because of these words from Isaiah which remind me that as I am waiting and hoping in You, I will be strengthened!

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:28-31‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Today I will enjoy the view as I soar like an eagle above all that was potentially a worry or problem! I will have strength and power as I wait and every moment of today, I will know that everything is in Your hands! I can rest, secure in the knowledge that You are on the job 24/7 and You never get too weary!

In Jesus' Name I pray,
Amen.