59. Righteous In Your Eyes

It's me again God,

You are so good! I come to You on this new fresh morning, knowing that I am forgiven and able to come into Your presence without shame because I live under the New Covenant. Thank You Jesus for Your sacrifice in order that my sins could be forgiven once and for all!

"Jesus' God-given destiny was to be the sacrifice to take away sins, and now he is our mercy seat because of his death on the cross. We come to him for mercy, for God has made a provision for us to be forgiven by faith in the sacred blood of Jesus. This is the perfect demonstration of God's justice, because until now, he had been so patient—holding back his justice out of his tolerance for us. So he covered over the sins of those who lived prior to Jesus' sacrifice. And when the season of tolerance came to an end, there was only one possible way for God to give away his righteousness and still be true to both his justice and his mercy—to offer up his own Son. So now, because we stand on the faithfulness of Jesus, God declares us righteous in his eyes! Where, then, is there room for boasting? Do our works bring God's acceptance? Not at all! It was not our works of keeping the law but our faith in his finished work that makes us right with God. So our conclusion is this: God's wonderful declaration that we are righteous in his eyes can only come when we put our faith in Christ, and not in keeping the law."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:25-28‬ ‭TPT‬‬

In the Old Testament, the Ark of the Covenant in the tabernacle, had that place on the lid where priests would sprinkle the blood of animals for atonement and You would show Your mercy and forgive. It was this mercy seat that concealed Your people from the condemning judgment of the Law. Only through the offering of blood was the condemnation of the Law taken away and violations of Your laws covered. Thank You Jesus that You have become my mercy seat! Your blood was given once and for all and now I am righteous in the Father's eyes!

Thank You Father that I can stand on the faithfulness of Jesus and His sacrifice for my sins so there's no boasting in my own works, just faith in His finished work on the Cross! Thank You so much that I am righteous in Your eyes. I am justified by faith apart from the works of the Law!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.