52. Harmony

It's me again God,

It's so good to be able to speak to You even in the early hours of the morning and to bring my concerns to You while darkness still surrounds me. Thank You that You know my heart and You listen to every request. You are so good and You never let me down! Thank You for all the prayers You have answered in this past day —the spoken and unspoken.

Sometimes I'd like to remain in this place of security with You and block the whole world out because relationships can be hard work! It seems that the world is changing as people run their lives far from the way You intended. Our culture has developed into a 'me first' society where compassion for others is merely metered out in the occasional tax deductible donation and people are generally far too concerned with their own life to notice those in their own neighbourhood who might need a helping hand or word of encouragement.

Your picture of how I should live is summed up well in Paul's words:

"Live happily together in a spirit of harmony, and be as mindful of another's worth as you are your own. Don't live with a lofty mind-set, thinking you are too important to serve others, but be willing to do menial tasks and identify with those who are humble minded. Don't be smug or even think for a moment that you know it all."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:16‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Lord I ask that You work in my heart and help me to let go of any pride that could prevent me from identifying with the humble in my community.  May all of my relationships be harmonious to bring glory to Your Name. Please help me to hear Your prompting and to be a blessing to all I meet with today.  May Your love rise within me so my words will be Your words and may I serve You with humility and faithfulness remembering that You are the only one who knows it all.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.