7. Great is Your Faithfulness

It's me again God,

As challenging as it is to be in a heat wave, there is something special about the consistency of it! Every morning I wake, the sun is already heating things up for the day and the temperature is already climbing! I know what to expect and it's relentless, day after day!

As I was thinking about this current heat wave, it reminded me of the wave of your mercy, compassion and faithfulness that never ends —it's relentless:

"Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!" The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him."
‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭3:22-25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Your faithfulness is like a weather pattern that never ends! When I check my weather app, the forecast of hot sunny days is virtually the same for every day in the coming week! If I could see an app with the forecast of Your mercy, compassion and faithfulness, it would also be the same every day but all the way into eternity!

Thank You for the new portion of compassion You have for me every day! That's how faithful You are! All of my life I have known Your love and mercy, seen in so many ways! I think the hymn writer, Thomas Chisholm must have been inspired by these verses from Lamentations and his own personal experience of Your great faithfulness in his life as he wrote these words:

"Great is Thy faithfulness," O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

     "Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
"Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Thank You Father that my sins are forgiven, I have peace that goes on and on! Thank You that You are with me, guiding me and bringing happiness to my heart and strength that I know only comes from You! Thank You for the hope You have put in my heart as well as the countless blessings which are all mine!

I feel that as the year comes to an end, I must take time to be thankful for your continual wave of mercy, compassion and faithfulness to me. As I begin to reflect on the ways you have blessed me, it's like flipping through a photo album of images that remind me of how You have been there for me and my family! Thank You Father for every picture of Your love for me and for the way You have drawn me even closer to You this year —great is Thy faithfulness!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.