47. Passion

It's me again God,

Thank You Lord for this new day to serve You. There is so much I have to be thankful for but something that keeps playing over in my mind is how grateful I am for the love of fellow believers.  All through the week I am amazed at how images of my time at church keep flashing through my mind. Being with passionate worshippers who love You so much is so good but seeing their love pouring out to others, week by week, is so special. Your Spirit is at work and Paul's call to love is being fulfilled:

"Be devoted to tenderly loving your fellow believers as members of one family. Try to outdo yourselves in respect and honor of one another."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:10‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Thank You for not leaving us as orphans but calling us into Your family, a family of believers which stretches across the world! You have housed us in churches so we can tenderly love each other. It is not just a once off thing but we are called to be devoted —very loving and loyal. It's a beautiful reflection of Your love for us all.

How  precious it is to see people going above and beyond in their respect and honour for each other! The beautiful thing about my church experience is seeing people from all walks of life and different cultures —rich, poor, young, old and from various levels of education, all in the one place just loving each other and putting other's needs before their own. I am so excited and thankful to be in the midst of this family, seeing the passionate outworking of Your Spirit.

"Be enthusiastic to serve the Lord, keeping your passion toward him boiling hot! Radiate with the glow of the Holy Spirit and let him fill you with excitement as you serve him."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:11‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Lord I pray that I would be able to keep my spiritual fervour in my service of You as I allow Your Holy Spirit to fill me. May I be boiling hot and not lukewarm, serving You and others with increasing enthusiasm!

Until You come again,
Amen.