30. Do Not Be Anxious

It's me again God,

There's a lone bird chirping in the darkness. Dawn is almost here! I am alone but I guess I am not really ever alone because You are here with me!

I've been thinking about what my thoughts have been about this past day since my Quiet Time with You yesterday and I'm not sure that they would all fall into the categories of Philippians 4:8!

"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭139:23‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord I admit I have had moments when thoughts of various issues have clouded my mind with the odd anxious thought! I'm very glad that Your Word guides me:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You for being interested in every situation that has arisen in my life throughout the past 24 hours! I am so thankful that I have been able to bring each issue to You in prayer, knowing that You want what's best for me. Help me to wait patiently for answers and to trust You with the right timing!

Another thing that I have found myself thinking of is how easily I become consumed in activities with others, pushing aside my thoughts of You! It makes me long for lonely days, just so I can spend more time thinking about You! I wonder, was that lone bird I heard chirping to You as he began the new day? Did he enjoy those precious moments as I did when I woke thinking of You?

Thank You for guiding my mind to Your Word in the quiet, lonely moments and the busy ones too! Thank You for dealing with those anxious thoughts with assuring words:

"The Lord watches over you— the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭121:5-8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

It's so obvious that You want the very best for my life! There's definitely no need for me to worry! Instead my thoughts should be about how great You are and about the fact that You are always thinking about me!

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:28‬ ‭NIV‬‬

I praise You that You don't grow tired or weary —You keep on caring for me!

"Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭147:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thank You that even the most complex situation is not too difficult for You to understand and deal with! Thank You that ultimately, You just want me to have peace as I leave all my cares with You:

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Even as I have spent this time with You, Your peace has guarded my heart and mind from going to places that bring worry and concern. Once more I have been able to focus on:

"....whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy...."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Throughout this day I will be sure to think on these things!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.