11

It was the day of their interview with Mr John Reid, but obviously Mary and I were not allowed to tag along. So instead, we decided to go shopping to keep us occupied.

"Ooh this is nice" I grinned, picking up a baker hat that was sitting on a shelf.

"You like it?" I asked, placing it on my head slightly to the side.

"It's different... but yeah it really suits you Rose" She smiled.

"Cool, I'm definitely buying this" I grinned.

I pulled it off and took a look at the price tag. £30. Shit, definitely can't afford that. I placed it back down and sighed sadly.

"Woah, why have you put that down?" Mary asked, picking it back up.

"It's just not me now I think about it" I lied, and I knew she could tell immediately.

"Seriously? You looked great, I know it's not the usual style but we need to one up the lads sometimes, especially Freddie" she laughed.

"I know, it's just too expensive" I pushed my lips to the side sadly, and she gave me a sympathetic look.

"Well how much do you have?" She asked.

"Twenty" I shrugged.

"So I'll pay the other ten, think of it as an early birthday present" She gave me a hug and I whispered a very grateful thank you into her ear.

"I couldn't just let you leave it in the shop could I? You look to cool with it on" she laughed, and once she'd payed for it she placed it back on my head.

"Thank you, Mary" I said.

"No worries" She smiled.

"Actually, Rose. Could I do something? I've noticed that you don't really wear makeup and I wanted to try this" she asked.

"Yeah, go for it" I held up my hands.

She pulled out a black pencil and started drawing over my eyelids,and I'm guessing that she was doing eyeliner. She then pulled out a red lipstick from her bag. I have her a funny look but she just nodded and smudged it over my lips.

Pulling out a little compact mirror, she opened it so I could see the final look. I actually look really good, and the eyeliner and red lipstick makes my blue eyes and brown hair more prominent.

"Wow" I uttered.

"You look great, I'm sure Roger will be even more in love with you now" I saw her smirk behind me in the mirror.

My eyes widened and I whipped my head around to face her.

"What!?"

"What?" She mimicked.

"Roger? Love me? What?" I couldn't even string a sentence together.

"Only I see it apparently, even Freddie hasn't mentioned it to me. Must be a girl thing. I can tell that he is smitten for you, Rose Thomas" She nudged me.