42

No POV

Rogers heart sunk into his chest when he watched his fiancée leave the room, but it was nothing compared to the feeling he had when he opened the final gift.

A feeling of guilt, happiness and fear rushed over his features as he saw the contents of the box. He instantly rushed from the room, trying to find Rose before she left. Although much to his dismay, the only person he was met with was Brian.

"What you playing at Roger?" Brian shook his head, walking towards the blond drummer.

"It's not what it looks like, I swear" He replied, showing him the postcard.

"Who the fuck is Angela?" Brian spat.

"The wedding director! She's in America so she had to send letters, I was trying to surprise Rose by organising the wedding" he sighed, shoving the mystery present in his pocket.

"Oh shit. Wait, what was that?" Brian asked, curiously looking at the box that stuck out of Rogers pocket.

"Just a present" Roger was getting slightly excited, but he was possibly losing Rose over it this, so he began to wonder why.

"Go on then, show me" Brian urged, nodding.

"Fine" Roger grinned, showing him the small box.

"Wow" Brian said, staring at the amazing gift in shock.

"I know, but where's Rose gone?" Roger said, a rush of sadness flowing over his body.

"She went back to mine mate, with Chrissie. From what she told me, that Angela isn't very good at being sneaky, it looked more like she was having an affair, Rog. Make sure the fiancée is out is one of the quotes I recall" He nodded, patting Rogers shoulder.

"I know but I couldn't tell her. I'll have to now obviously, but I wanted the wedding to be a surprise" He huffed.

"Stop huffing, get your car, and let's go back to mine. I've already had Chrissie call the other lads and tell them not to come" Brian said, walking towards Rogers car.

"Fine" Roger slumped towards the car, getting in the drivers seat.

"So what you going to say?" Brian asked, as the car began to roll out of the gates.

"I'm sorry, I love you" He shrugged.

"No! You need to be genuine and serious. She's never going to believe that. Just tell her about the wedding, in all fairness it was a lovely idea but women do like to organise their own weddings" Brian suggested.

"Okay, so I just tell her about the wedding? But I'm scared Brian, angry Rose is scary I really don't like angry Rose" He stressed, flicking his head between Brian and the road before him.

"Get a grip man" He punched Rogers arm lightly and tried to calm down his friend.

"I can do this, I haven't actually done anything wrong. It's all Angela's fault, I blame her" Roger chuckled.

"Now that is quite true to be honest" Brian nodded, his hair bobbling with his head.

"Here we are" Roger sighed, getting out of the car and making his way into the house.

He could hear the light sniffles of his saddened fiancée and immediately followed the sound. There Rose was, being consoled by Chrissie and sipping a cup of tea.

"Roger I don't think this is the best time" Chrissie warned, standing up.

Rose's eyes were extremely glossy, which made Rogers heart almost break into two.

"No Chrissie he's alright, go on Rog" He motioned his head to the door, and both Brian and Chrissie left the room.

"This has seriously been a massive misunderstanding, love. Basically, I was trying to plan our wedding alone, surprise you, ya know?" He asked, and her head shot up in surprise.

"R-really?" She asked, a shocked expression on her lips.

"Yes! I love you more than anything and I wanted to give you a surprise. I don't blame you for thinking that I had cheated on you though, I have a history of it and the bloody postcard didn't help now did it?" He shook his head.

"No Roger- it wasn't about your history at all, the postcard yes, but I just got carried away when I saw the things that she had written" She said glumly, standing up to face him.

"Must be the hormones" Roger smiled, holding her hands.

"You opened it?" She asked nervously, chewing on her lip as she looked up at the blond.

"Yeah, and I am beyond excited love" He replied, resting a hand on her cheek.

"Me too" She nodded.

"I can't believe you're pregnant" he sighed happily, leaning down to kiss the girls lips sweetly.

"Oh my god! Brian just told me the news you're pregnant!?" Chrissie rushed in, breaking up the kiss and hugging her tightly.

"Chrissie I told you not to... make a fuss" Brian chases after her, waving his hand in defeat.

"You told Brian?" Rose scoffed, laughing at her fiancée.

"Well I was excited and he asked what it was" He replied sheepishly.

"Don't worry Rose, our lips are sealed" Brian promised.

"Thanks Bri, you're supposed to wait like four weeks aren't you? Before telling people" Roger asked, "We have to go out and start buying some stuff, like we'll need all the food"

"Yeah sounds about right, but you have lots of time to sort that stuff out Roger don't worry" Chrissie smiled, holding her own pregnant tummy.

Watching roger get so excitable and nervous about the baby restored Rose's hope. It shows that he is genuinely happy about the news, maybe even happier than herself. It only made her love him even more for his cuteness, if it was possible.

"We'll be a great family, my love" He mumbled into her ear, touching her tummy gently.

"We will" She agreed, resting her hand over his, feeling their pea sized child that would grow more and more every day.