36

It turns out that we would be able to move into the house just before Rogers birthday, which was in about a month. The lads have had other albums out since the last tour, and although I can't say they hold any of my favourite songs, they are all smashing albums. I have a wild admiration for David Bowie, so when I found out that they would be collaborating with him for their next album, Hot Space, I was beyond excited.

"Rose! Rose I have some amazing news" Roger said, rushing into the kitchen with the phone clasped between his hands.

"Go on" I said, dropping my toast on my plate and rushing over to him. I wafted my hands around to hurry him, and he grabbed them in his.

"I have been asked to do a solo album!" He said excitedly.

"No way! But what about Queen?"

"Well, were going on tour soon. And I've been told I can write the songs then. This will be great I have to tell the lads" He enthused, beeping the numbers into the device.

"Wait-" I said, pushing his hands down.

"Why don't we make this special? we could have a party tomorrow?" I suggested.

"Yeah actually, that sounds great" he nodded, placing the phone back down.

"So, how excited are you?" I smiled.

"Extremely. I mean obviously I love Queen and being in a band. But this time there will be no arguing over what songs are on and aren't or if things should be changed. It's all up to me" he reciprocated my grin.

"I'm so happy for you, hun" I beamed, pushing his hair behind his ears and kissing him sweetly.

Suddenly, the phone rang and roger picked it up straight away, most likely thinking it was the agency. However, when he rolled his eyes I soon realised that it wasn't the recording agency, and was in fact, Freddie.

I love Freddie with so much of my heart, but he's going off the rails a little bit. I mean, Paul is having a huge influence on him, letting him do whatever whenever. The fact that he has the money and power to do these things doesn't help either, as there is no barrier to stop him.

"Yeah we'll come along" Roger nodded, rubbing his fingertips over his forehead.

I furrowed my eyebrows but he wafted his hand to tell me to wait a minute.

"Bye, Fred see ya later" He breathed into the plastic phone and placed it down.

"What was he needing?" I asked.

"He's having a party at his tonight, the other lads are going so I thought we should probably tag along" He said, and we walked into the bedroom.

"I mean I was looking forward to a relaxing bath, but I wouldn't mind a party right now I suppose" I shrugged and rummaged around for a dress.

"Don't get too dressed up, I don't think we'll be there long" Be sighed, buttoning up a plain white shirt.

I nodded sadly and just threw on my usual mini skirt and this time wore a red long sleeved top, tucked into the skirt.

It's sad that we can't even stand to stay at one of our best friends parties anymore, but it's just not the same as it used to be. They're too extravagant, too expensive, even for Freddie.

When we got there we perched down on some oddly shaped couches and eventually the other lads joined us.

"This is... delightful" Brian commented, taking a sip of beer from the brown bottle he was holding.