74

"Nope" I sighed for the hundredth time.

I had the phonebook rested on my baby bump, and the home phone in my hand. There were hundreds of Jim Hutton's, and I mean hundreds. It was taking us what felt like hours to find the right one, and we'd had no luck yet.

"This is hopeless" He huffed, crossing another Jim Hutton from the list angrily.

"Let's keep on trying, I'm not giving up until we find your Jim" I reassured him, giving him a smiling nod before returning to the phone. He gave me an unconvinced nod yet continued to read the next number from the book.

Hours went by, with some of the Jims not answering, most not being the desired one, and others saying that 'Jim wasn't home'. It was utterly hopeless, but I didn't want Freddie to think that it was, so we kept on trying. We would literally have to try them everyday to catch every Jim when he was actually home.

There was a knock on the door, and in strolled Roger. He gave us a strange glance before walking over to us warily.

"I can't tell if this is tired Rose or angry Rose, either way I have to keep my distance" He joked holding his hands up in surrender and I rolled my eyes at his stupid comment.

"We're just trying to find Freddie's love at first sight" I yawned, and Fred gave me an annoyed glance as if to curse me for telling him.

"Well that is very lovely I'm extremely happy for you Freddie, but we must get going love, it's like one in the morning" He said, slumping Freddie's bed next to me.

"Well it's not lovely Roger, that's the thing. We can't bloody find him" Freddie sighed.

"Oh, that's not good" Roger said awkwardly.

The three of us were just laid, shoulders touching, and staring up at the ceiling.

"Carry me to the car, Rog. I can't be arsed walking" I groaned, flailing my arms up lazily.

"Sod off, you're not a size six anymore I can't be lifting two of you" He joked, prodding my side.

"Whatever...Freddie will you carry me?" I asked, but I got no answer.

I turned my head to see the lead singer with his jaw hung open, completely asleep next to me.

"Rog- he's asleep" I said, covering my mouth to stop myself being too loud.

"This is perfect" Roger grinned, rubbing his hands together excitedly.

"What?" I whispered.

"After three, sing bo-rhap as loud as you can, starting from 'mama', got it?" He asked, and I just obeyed.

"1,2,3" he said and immediately we both shouted the song.

"MAMMMAAAAAA, JUST KILLED A MAN" we both sang at the top of our voices.

Freddie shot up instantaneously, flinching in shock and almost catapulting himself from the bed.

"My gosh darlings, I mean I love the sound of my singing voice but that was ghastly, if you're going to wake me to bohemian rhapsody at least do it justice" He moaned, and shook off his short-lived fear.

"Freddie, in the years that you have known me, you should know that I am a dreadful singer. Living with you lot doesn't magically make me good" I scoffed, nudging him with my elbow.

"Oh get up your own end" He scoffed back, and nudged me but harder than I did.

"Woah, don't shove a woman up the duff" I laughed, and he just shook his head at me in amusement.

"Right love, we really need to go now" Roger yawned from behind me.

"Oh yeah, where's Deacy and Bri?" I asked.

"Already gone, like normal people" He raised his brow and I rolled my eyes before standing up with great difficulty.

"Goodbye, my love" Freddie grinned, kissing me on the cheek before giving me a hug and waving us off happily.

It was nice to know that he was getting back on his feet after returning to Queen. He was in a terrible state of loneliness and depression, but as we've all started going to his more he seems to be rejuvenated and the old Freddie is slowly creeping back.

"Bye Freddie, love you!" I shouted before leaning into the car.

Roger placed his hand on its usual spot, my thigh, and rubbed circles in my skin as he drove home along the desolate streets. Only the headlights and street lamps illuminated our path, making the whole road look like a shimmering lake.

I looked down at my bump, admiring the baby inside me and pretending that I could see it moving around happily. Roger would be going in two months, meaning that I didn't have long to get everything prepared. He must have noticed that something was bothering me, as he gave my leg a reassuring squeeze.

"You thinking about the tour again?" He asked, pursing his lips together in guilt.

"Yeah... but it's nothing, I'm just being dramatic" I nodded, watching the street lamps go past one by one out of my window.

"You're not being dramatic. If there weren't thousands of paying customers I would be out of it straight away" He shook his head in shame and hit the steering wheel.

"Roger don't get mad, please. You can't help it" I soothed, holding my hand in his.

"As soon as you feel one tiny contraction, I'm out of there and I'm coming straight down, you hear me?"

I couldn't help but smile lightly at his comment and he gave me a saddened one in return.

"I know" I sighed, pulling his hand up to my lips to leave a small kiss on his skin.

"I love you so fucking much, Rose" He breathed, resting his head back on the headrest.

"I know, but I love you so much more" I grinned, turning my head to watch him as he concentrated on the road, eyes fixated forward.

"That's not humanly possible, love" He replied, giving my hand another light squeeze.