62

"Live aid" Roger repeated, but questions were still racing around my mind.

"But how would you do that without Freddie?" I asked, curiously pushing some of his hair behind his ear.

"That's where you and Mary come in" He grinned, wiggling his eyebrows and straddling over me.

"What?" I asked worriedly.

"If you two go over to America and confront him, he'll definitely come home! We have to do this, it's an amazing cause and it would be a good way to reunite" He begged.

"I don't know, Mary's pregnant what if something happens?" I fretted nervously, nibbling at my nails.

"Then you'll be there to help her, besides you'll be gone for a few days" He pleaded.

"Can't you come too?" I replied.

He contemplated for a moment, and I could see the cogs turning in his head as he pondered.

"Yeah, okay yeah I suppose. I'll get Miami to get us a plane, he's the one that's been trying to call Fred, but he won't pick up the bloody phone"  Roger huffed.

"America we go then, does Mary know?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, and I've already sorted the plane too, I just wanted you to think that you had a choice" Roger admitted, and my mouth hung in shock.

"Good acting Roger, you're getting better. But seriously what would you have done if I said no?" I laughed.

"Kidnapped you and thrown you into the plane?..." He asked stupidly.

"Yes, because that isn't illegal" I said sarcastically.

"I suppose, but I could tie you up" He winked and I pushed him off me.

"Why must you make every sentence you speak kinky, Roger?" I giggled, and he grabbed my top, pulling me towards him.

"Because you do that to me" He mumbled into my neck.

"What? I make you kinky?" I joked, sucking my cheek to stop myself from laughing.

"I don't even have to answer that" He replied, finally pressing his lips to the skin on my neck tenderly, most likely leaving small bruises for later.

Dominantly, he grabbed the back of my head and began to kiss my lips roughly and passionately. Despite how rough we were, we managed to always keep a sense of gentleness as we kissed.

Just as we were about to get to the good stuff, there was a knock on the front door. Immediately, a curly haired guitarist and a now curly haired bassist entered without invitation.

"John... you got a perm?" I asked, a shocked tone in my voice.

We were so shocked in fact, that Roger was still straddling me on the bed, much to the two boys' dismay. When we realised, we quickly jumped off the bed and rushed into the kitchen to make cups of tea.

"Yeah, do you like it?" He asked, doing a twirl and a hip shimmy to show it off.

"It surprisingly suits you. How have you managed to suit every single hairstyle you've had?" I groaned. In all honesty though, it was highly unfair that John could pull off so many styles and I could hardly cut my hair without looking stupid.

"Because I am Deacy, the sexy and smouldering hair god" He joked, twirling around in his graphic shirt.

"So.." Brian changed the subject, giving John a strange glance.

"You're going to see Freddie I hear?" He continued and I nodded, passing him a cup of tea.

"Yeah, Roger begged me" I joked, motioning over to the drummer, who was currently arguing with John over vinyls.

"Ah I see, I hope we can do this 'Live Aid' though, it will be great for the charities. No profit is being taken at all, it's fabulous" He said in awe, thinking about the concert.

"It will be great, and I'd be able to watch out front again like the old days" I grinned, also imagining them performing at Wembley with the masses of people staring up at them in wonder.

"Yeah, and millions would be watching, imagine the amount of money we could raise" He added.

"It would be great, Bri. I just hope we can convince Freddie. I wonder why he's been ignoring the calls?" I asked, taking a gulp of tea.

"I'm not sure, but if I was none the wiser I would say that Paul has something to do with it. We all know Freddie, he's not the type to put down an offer like this is he?" Brian asked, but it was more a statement,

"No I suppose you're right, I hope you're right anyway" I agreed, looking over at the other two lads.

"It would be good to play again, even if it was one last gig" Brian said, also looking at Rog and Deacy.

"You will, if it's Live Aid this year, or if it's an elderly reunion when you're all seventy!" I beamed, encouraging the guitarist.

"Yeah I guess so, thanks Rose" He nodded.

"Rose! Tell him, Bowie is better than ABBA" Roger called over at me, holding up a David Bowie album, whilst John clutched onto the ABBA vinyl.

"I have to say John, you're outvoted there. Nothing could beat when you played with Bowie" I said, reminiscing on the 'Under Pressure' creation.

"But he changed my riff! I could have sworn it went dun dun dun da du den dun. And he changed it!" John huffed, pretending to play his bass as he mumbled the low notes.

"John, no offence honey but that sounded the same as the song" I said nervously.

"Sod off!" He said, as though he was offended.

"I definitely agree with Roger now, no question" I argued, grinning as we disputed over the insignificant details.

"Fine. But, nobody can beat dancing queen, not even Disco Deacy" He pranced around, showing off his best disco moves.

"John. Please never do that again" Roger cringed, pulling his friend down from the coffee table.