58

Everything was blank as I stared at his beautiful features. What did I do to deserve such an amazing person? My gaze never faltered from the drummers eyes as I began my vows.

"Oh god, Sorry Mary But I've completely forgotten everything we wrote down" I started, and she shook her head at me disapprovingly.

"So I guess I'll just make it up as I go" I shrugged, and Roger gave me a light chuckle.

"Only you would forget your vows" He mumbled, making me reciprocate his laugh.

"Right, Roger Meddows Taylor. I used to be a bit of a stalker, coming to all of your Smile gigs and watching you and Bri dreamily, you were literally the only thing keeping me sane during my uni days. Well this journey has been nothing but exciting, and every time we touch I get this rush of happiness that only you give me. It's like every time we are together it feels exciting and I never want that to stop" I started, and he grabbed my hands in his, rubbing his thumbs over the backs of my hands lovingly.

"So Rog, the fact that you still love little old Rose Thomas from 32 Victoria Road, Kensington is a wonder to me, but it's a wonder that I'm never going to argue with" I giggled, which he mirrored.

"It would be an honour to marry you today Roger, because quite frankly I could never see myself waking up to anyone else every morning, popping the kettle on and snuggling up all day to. You're the one Roger, I love you" I smiled, and he gave me the widest grin back.

"I love you too" he mouthed back at me, making my cheeks flush pink as he got ready to start his.

I looked into the audience to see a few teary eyes and tissues moving, but if they knew what was about to come they would think that my heartfelt speech was just the warm up act.

"Rose, you know that I'm not the best with these things, I mean you've seen my drunk speeches" there was a chorus of laughter from the crowd and that was shared by me too.

"But, I do know how to write songs... lads?" My heart raced a few beats as he let go of my hands to join the two lads on the stage. Freddie didn't join, but they'd obviously rehearsed this when I kept bumping into them all at the studio. So they weren't just having a catch up everyday? They were planning this.

"I told you I'd write you a love song one day. So here it is, love" He grinned, taking his place behind some bongo-like drums and a microphone.

"And this time it's not about cars!" Deacy shouted, making everyone laugh uncontrollably, but earned John a funny look from Roger.

I held my hand over my heart as he began to play, Brian on the piano and John on the bass of course.

"Sometimes I get to feelin'
I was back in the old days, long ago
When we were kids, when we were young
Things seemed so perfect, you know?
The days were endless, we were crazy, we were young
The sun was always shinin', we just lived for fun
Sometimes it seems like lately, I just don't know
The rest of my life's been, just a show" His perfectly raspy voice echoed through the room, sending shivers down my spine and pricking tears to my eyes.

My head shook in awe as the boys continued to play the beautiful song. This was better than any vows that anyone could write me.

"Those are the days of our lives
The bad things in life were so few
Those days are all gone now but one thing is true
When I look and I find I still love you"

He pointed at me as he said the last line, giving me a wink which I could only reply to with a smile and a gentle sob. Of course I was crying, my man has written me a beautiful song and it's only taken him five years. That didn't matter now though, it was so worth the wait.

"You can't turn back the clock, you can't turn back the tide
Ain't that a shame?
Ooh, I'd like to go back one time on a roller coaster ride
When life was just a game
No use in sitting and thinkin' on what you did
When you can lay back and enjoy it through your kids
Sometimes it seems like lately, I just don't know
Better sit back and go, with the flow"

Brian rushed down quickly, grabbing my hands and pulling me onto the stage along with the other three lads, sitting me next to him on the piano bench. As he carried on playing, I stared around at the three. John just kept smiling and dancing around happily, Brian kept leaving me little nudges to make sure I was still with it, and Roger never broke his longing gaze from mine.

"These are the days of our lives
They've flown in the swiftness of time
These days are all gone now but some things remain
When I look and I find, no change
Those were the days of our lives, yeah
The bad things in life were so few
Those days are all gone now but one thing's still true
When I look and I find,
I still love you
I still love you"

He sang the last part, walking over to me with the microphone and pulling me up gently, holding one hand in mine.

"I love you, Rose" He grinned.

Without hesitation I pulled him into a passionate kiss, which he returned willingly. The crowd erupted into a fit of happiness, applause and sobs, which made me realise that all of this had been worth while.

Taking my hand in his, he guided us both down to the front where we stood before.

"So, do you take Roger Taylor to be your husband?" The priest asked.

"I do" I smiled, swinging our arms as they remained intertwined.

Carefully, I pushed the gold ring onto Rogers left ring finger, which he grinned down at in utter joy.

"Roger, do you take Rose Thomas to be your wife?"

"I do, of course I do" He shook his head happily, pushing a beautiful diamond ring into my delicate finger.

"You are now pronounced man and wife, please kiss your bride"

"Come here, you" Roger smiled, pulling my waist towards his and kissing my lips sweetly, which everyone cheered and hollered for.

When we pulled apart, without warning he scooped me up in his arms and literally carried me down the aisle, making the whole room overload with laughter and happiness.

What an unforgettable day, Mr and Mrs Taylor.