73

"Oh.. of course, you'll be due when the tour is going on. You should have told us earlier so we could reschedule, dear" Freddie sighed, holding my hand in his.

I gave roger a saddened glance, which he mirrored and sent me a reassuring wink, giving my thigh a squeeze.

"Let's just think, in seven months we'll be in... where will we be Bri?" Roger asked. He was twiddling his thumbs and bouncing his leg, which indicated to me that he was restless and nervous, most likely about leaving me when I was pregnant.

Brian thought for a moment, pressing his fingers against his temple as though they held the answers to everything, and he was imprinting them into his mind.

"We should be in London or Manchester, it will be July right?" He asked, and we both nodded happily.

"I can totally make that, I'm not going to miss it, beautiful" Roger grinned, giving me a side hug and a hip squeeze for good measure.

"Oh gosh, but you'll be gone up until then huh?" I asked, clenching my teeth together to stop myself getting upset.

"Yeah, I tried to change the dates without telling them about the baby, but they were having none of it" He laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"It's fine, seriously this is your job, it's not like you can drop that for me is it?" I asked, reassuring myself more than anyone else.

"We could cancel the tour.." Deacy suggested, but I quickly shot him down.

"Deacy of course not, you're not dropping this tour for me just because I'm up the duff" I scoffed, nudging his shoulder.

"Well, we can ring every single night, and we'll come and see you when we're in Manchester, or you can come up to see us" Brian noted, and the other three lads nodded along.

"Hey, I don't know why I'm complaining. I get a nice, relaxing, Queen-free pregnancy out of this" I joked, and they all gave me fake offended looks.

"How rude!" Freddie said dramatically, throwing his hand over his chest.

"Anyway..." Roger started, giving Fred a strange look.

"We will only be gone a month before your due date, and by the nine month mark we'll be in London, Newcastle or Manchester...at least we're in England" Roger finished, and I nodded. I was so thankful that they were at least in the same country as me, because if they were overseas and I was pushing a baby out, I would have nobody there for support at all.

After the dates were settled, Roger and I were a bit more chilled about the whole tour process. We discussed it and agreed that I would have a nice relaxing month alone, away from the hustle and bustle that was tours and press, before I actually give birth. I like the idea, but it would be so much better if I had Roger there with me, however he has agreed to ring twice a day, which shows that he wishes he could be there too.

————————————

A few months had passed since we told the lads, and my bump was growing day by day. It was quite scary to think that I was responsible for a growing human, and furthermore that the same human was inside me. However, the excitement of a new baby brought joy to my horizons and that complexity overshadowed any fear or doubt that tried to engulf my thoughts.

"I like that one" I pointed out, showing Freddie the yellow leather jacket that decorated his wardrobe.

"Oh that old thing? I haven't worn that since the Smile days. Was quite a bold choice back then" He grinned, pulling out the fluorescent yellow jacket.

"Well I think it's wonderful and still bold, I'd say it was even iconic if you ask me" I said, wrapping around him so he could put his arms in.

"It is rather fabulous, but what could I wear it with?"

We were currently around at Freddie's, and whilst the other three lads sat downstairs, Freddie and I were upstairs finding an outfit for the tour. He wanted something bold and daring, and wanted my help to find just that.

"White... all white, with the yellow jacket. It's perfect" I nodded, and he picked out some white jeans and a vest before rushing to the closet to get ready.

Before long he strutted out, wearing all white with Adidas shoes, along with the bold yellow coat.

"You look fabulous, Fred" I grinned, as he strolled around, looking at himself in the mirrors that decorated his room from every angle.

"I do, don't I?" He smirked, kissing his teeth as he strutted towards me triumphantly.

"That's what I said" I repeated sarcastically, and he pulled me into a bear hug tightly.

"This will be fabulous, I just wish you could come along too" He sighed, swaying us from left to right in the embrace.

"I know, me too. But little Elizabeth or Freddie wouldn't do very well on tour I don't think" I giggled, pulling away but keeping my arms around his waist.

"So you like those names?" He asked hopefully.

"I think so" I gave him a sweet smile before pulling out of my best friends arms.

"Good, I thought of them so they're obviously amazing" He chuckled jokingly.

"Whatever you say" I sighed, nudging his shoulder backwards.

I noticed his eyes flicker down to my bump, and before long he was asking me questions about the new baby.

"Can I feel the bump? ... it sounds crazy I know, but I love babies immensely" He begged, and how could I say no to that?

"Of course, Freddie" I said patently, motioning for him to place his palm on my stomach.

I was around 5 months now, and nothing much had happened since we told the lads. Well, apart from growing obviously.

Nervously, he placed his hand over my bare stomach, as I pulled my baggy top up to reveal the bump. He smiled up at me when he could feel the light kicking of my tiny baby. It wasn't kicking too harshly yet, but tiny quickening movements could be felt.

"It's just marvellous" He sighed in awe, standing up slowly.

"You and Roger must be so happy" He said happily, but I could sense the hurt and jealousy in his tone.

"Yeah we are, but don't worry Fred, I bet you'll find a really hunky man at some point" I reassured him.

"Well that reminds me actually, I need you to do something for me" He said suddenly, nodding at me.

"Oh gosh, what now?" I cringed.

"Have you got a phonebook?" He asked, and my confusion grew more and more.

"Yes, we get a new one every year why?" I asked.

"We need to find somebody...Jim Hutton"

This story is seriously getting worse and more boring with every chapter and I couldn't apologise more.