69

They went on to perform Radio Gaga, Hammer to fall, Crazy little thing called love, and a fast pace version of We will rock you. Each one captivated the crowd in a different way. We all clapped and sang along, every clap in unison as we joined in with the beat. People cried in happiness and smiled with joy as the band dazzled the audience.

Finally, the last song rolled around and it was 'We are the Champions'. The girl next to me held my hand in happiness, and we both sang along to the legendary lyrics.

"I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through"

The crowds singing echoed around the stadium, sending shivers down my spine and my grip around the girls hand tightened.

"We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world"

I watched roger as he played the drums, sweat was pouring down his brow but the grin on his face hardly faltered as he played and sang along to the tune.

Freddie was strutting around the stage after standing up from the piano, and was sending punches out to the audience. He really was punching a hole into the heavens.

Brian was grinning evidently, as he played his guitar like the true professional he was. It was utterly breathtaking how good he was at playing the instrument, and although I had noticed it in the past, watching him now was putting it all into perspective.

And lastly John, or Disco Deacy as he had named himself. He truly lived up to his nickname as he played his bass and danced around the stage excitedly.

"I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose"

The girl and I shouted the lyrics, and tears were even running down my cheeks now as I watched my best friends performing so amazingly for such a good cause too.

There was a sea of people in the audience, just waving backwards and forwards, all clutching each other's hands as we swayed,

"We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world
We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions
Of the world!"

There was a moment of awe induced silence, but after a fraction of a second the whole crowd erupted into an echo of cheers. The four lads stood up, and began to blow kisses and bow for the crowd before rushing off the stage after saying 'thank you and goodnight'.

I turned to face the girl and her eyes were puffy with tears.

"Thank you got the amazing experience" I smiled, giving her a hug.

"You too- where are you going?" She asked, sniffling away her happiness.

"To see my boyfriend backstage" I grinned.

Her eyes widened, and her mouth hung in shock.

"Your boyfriend works backstage? What does he do?" She said, almost buzzing.

"He's a drummer" I said vaguely, and she shook her head for me to continue.

"Well he's my husband actually. Roger Taylor?" I said nervously, hoping she wouldn't be angry that I hadn't told her.

"Oh my god, how did I not tell it was Rose Taylor, so he didn't wink at me at all did he" She laughed, hitting my arm.

"Yeah, what's your name?" I asked.

"Debbie, Debbie Miller" She nodded, shaking my hand.

"Wait here, Debbie Miller" I nodded in return, and before she knew it I had rushed off.

The security guard recognised me and let me in with no hesitation, an I instantly ran to greet the four boys.

I didn't bother to knock on the caravan door before rushing in, and bombarding the four band members with a wave of excitement.

They all jumped up when I entered and engulfed my tiny body into a huge embrace.

"Well done" I breathed.

"Well done, you were so great" I repeated, still in awe from the performance.

"Thank you, but the audience really made it. I think we might have stolen the show, lads" Brian grinned, picking me up and spinning me around.

"You definitely did!" I beamed and quickly remembered about Debbie.

"Wait, would you all be able to sign this really quickly? I met this girl and she was so kind" I asked, holding the scarf.

"Of course" Roger replied, pulling a pen from the side and beginning to sign the fabric.

Once they'd all signed it I thanked them and rushed back out to the crowd, pushing through to meet Debbie and gift her the scarf. When she came into sight, the beautiful sound of David Bowie and Mick Jagger echoes through the stadium, and the pre recorded performance was following Queen. I rushed over to her and she smiled excitedly.

"You've made this experience better for me and I couldn't thank you enough for that, but I could start with this" I smiled, and passed her the signs scarf.

"No way, thank you so much" She grinned, wrapping it around her neck excitedly.

"Have a good rest of the concert, Debbie" I said, giving her one last hug before going back to the lads.

What a day this had been, and it is definitely one for the scrapbook. I had loads of pictures of the lads before, and Debbie and I, and even some quick pics that I snapped with some audience members as they sang along to the tunes. This is a day that will go down in history.