Grocery Store Adventure

Part 2 to my Babysitting oneshot. Lot of positive reviews on it, thanks guys! Alright, hope y'all enjoy!

"Whoa! The grocery store is cold!" Alice shivered.

"They have to keep some of the food cold," Pacifica explained, grabbing a shopping cart from the rack. "That's why."

Alice nodded and ran over to Dipper. "What do you need for homemade pizza?"

Dipper pretended to think about it. "We obviously need to make the dough ourselves, flour is a must, yeast, vegetable oil." He listed to her.

Alice looked at Pacifica, "I think we should split up, get more items that way."

Pacifica resisted rolling her eyes at the nine year old. It was cute. "Okay, each of you needs to be with one of us."

Dipper shook his head, amused. "Okay, who wants—"

"I wanna go with Dipper!" Alice yelled, clinging to Dipper's leg.

"Seems like I'm spoken for, Pazzie." Dipper chuckled, pointing to the smaller girl. "Alright, we'll handle the dough items, you just get whatever they want on their pizza. Cheese, obviously. Vegetables, meats, etcetera."

Pacifica rolled her eyes and looked at Jason. "Alright, it's you and me, okay?"

Though it was barely noticeable, Jason blushed. "O-okay."

Dipper and Alice went off in search of dough ingredients. After they grabbed the huge bag of flour, Alice couldn't help asking, "how old are you?"

"I'm eighteen." Dipper admitted. "A year older than Pazzie."

Alice wrinkled her nose. "You call her Pazzie?"

"On rare occasions I also call her Pa-zazzie." Dipper smiled a rare smile.

"She hates that nickname." Alice offered sweetly. "Why do you get to call her that?"

Dipper shrugged and continued pushing the cart. "I dunno, maybe because I called her it first. I mean, she calls me by my real name sometimes when I call her Pazzie."

"Real name?" Alice echoed. "You mean your name's not Dipper?"

"It's a nickname." He offered. "Because I have a birthmark on my forehead which is, believe it or not, the Big Dipper."

"Whoa-ah!" She exclaimed. "That's super cool!"

"Glad you think so," he chuckled, leaning down to grab the giant bag of sugar.

"So if your name's not really Dipper, what is it then?" She asked.

"What's what?"

"Your real name?" She looked down at the floor and then back up at Dipper, smiling.

"Mason." He shrugged. "I mean, I don't mind the name, but I've been used to the name 'Dipper' for the longest time, so I prefer it."

"Cool." She murmured. "My name's just Alice."

"And Alice is a perfectly lovable name." Dipper praised her, not wanting to make her upset. "Alright, vegetable oil, know where that is? I don't come to this store often."

"This way! Follow me!" Alice exclaimed, running down the aisle.

"Wait Alice!" Dipper ran off after her, apologizing to the woman she nearly crashed into. "Sorry,"

"You should keep a better handle on your kid!" The older lady yelled at him.

"For starters," Dipper started but the lady cut him off, and proceeded to chew him out.

* * *

When Alice and Dipper had run off, Pacifica had taken Jason down the dairy aisles. "Okay, mozzarella cheese, check?"

Jason grabbed three bags of it and plopped it into the cart he'd grabbed. "Check!"

"Any vegetables you want?" She asked.

"Not really," he shook his head. "But Alice likes peppers on her pizza. I think."

"Well, then. Let's get some red or green peppers?" Pacifica asked.

"I think red." Jason nodded.

As the two made their way to the vegetable area of the store, Jason asked Pacifica a question she hadn't expected.

"So, is Dipper really your friend?" He probed.

Pacifica almost froze in her tracks, but luckily didn't. "Uh-huh, a good friend of mine."

"Oh, a good friend." He commented, nodding.

"I dunno what gutter your pre-pubescent mind is in, but get it out immediately." Pacifica said firmly.

"Oh, just a friend then." Jason nodded again. "But why would he drive all the way out here to see you? On New Year's Eve no doubt?"

"Because we're friends." Pacifica continued. "Alright, pepperoni?"

"Yuh-huh," Jason murmured. "So, you're saying you're still single?"

"Oh geez," Pacifica shook her head. "It doesn't matter, but Dipper and I are friends."

"I'm not an idiot." Jason snorted. "I see the way he looks at you."

"Really?" This was news to Pacifica. She and Dipper had been dating for almost a year, and the long-distance made it real hard, but she didn't know he looked at her in any way when she wasn't looking.

In all honesty, they'd been dating almost a year and neither had said the three words yet. I love you.

"Yeah," Jason shrugged. "He looks at you like. . .like uh, like you're the most precious thing in his life or something." He shrugged once more.

"Oh." Pacifica blushed.

"Anyways, I think he likes you." Jason stated. "And I think you like him."

"That's all well and good that you think that but—" She was soon cut off when she saw an older lady yelling at her boyfriend.

"Hold on," she muttered to Jason. "Gotta handle this."

* * *

"For the last time," Dipper held up his hands in a 'calm down' fashion. "You're mistaken, Alice isn't my—"

"Teenagers are too irresponsible these days," the older lady continued, not caring that she was interrupting him. "You shouldn't have kids until you're married."

"Listen, lady," Dipper warned her, but soon saw that Pacifica was coming to his rescue.

"Hey," Pacifica looked at the lady, "what's going on here?"

"This little girl ran in front of my cart." The lady explained. "And her father won't even apologize."

Pacifica tried to stifle her laughter. "Ma'am, he's not her father. That's not his kid."

The lady frowned. "Why didn't you say that?"

Dipper opened his mouth to comply, but Pacifica gave him a look. He shut his mouth and didn't say a word.

Wow, that's a first. Pacifica thought wryly. "Alright, Alice, Jason, let's go." She pointed in the direction of the items they needed to get. "Dipper, come on."

As soon as they were a safe distance away, Pacifica whispered, "what the hell happened?"

"I have no idea." Dipper shook his head. "Thanks for rescuing me, Pa-zazzie."

"You're welcome, Mason." Pacifica stuck her tongue out at him.

——————-
Making a part three almost immediately. Hope you guys like this <3