Arms

Chapter 42: Arms

Pearl opens the fridge, grabbing two juice boxes. Today was a day off for both idols, but with the new Splatfest coming up, Marina was in her 'little' workshop in the garage, setting up stuff for the shifty station.

That means no cuddle time for a couple of hours. Pearl huffed as she makes her way to the garage. She can hear Marina's grunts and sighs as she works hard at putting things together.

Pearl opens the door and sees her girlfriend tightening a bolt onto a giant metal platform.

Marina wore a white tank top and some shorts. Sweat rolling down her face and down her neck, damping the collar of her top.

Marina looks up at the sound of the door closing. "H-Hey Pearlie! What's up?"

"Nothin'. Got ya something to drink." Pearl said, holding out the juice box. Marina smiled and grabbed the box. "Thanks munchkin."

Pearl watched her girlfriend's arm withdraw and began to blush.

Cod damn! I never noticed how toned her arms are!

Marina raised an eyebrow at the inkling. She followed her gaze and grinned. "Like what you see?" She teased, purposely flexing her arm, allowing more muscle show.

Pearl turned even more red. "I- What-  Marina!" She shouted, pouting. Pearl turned around and began to walk away. "You're such a fucking tease."

"Yeah I know." Marina laughed.
---------------------------------------------------------

Pearl lied in bed, bored out of her mind. She wanted to sleep but she can't sleep without Marina by her side. It always felt cold and lonely when Marina stays up working all night.

Pearl's mind drifts off to the Octoling's arms. How did she not notice them before? She sees and touches them every day!

She looks at her own arm. Her pale arms didn't show muscle. They were just normal. They weren't like Marina's.

Did she always have those arms?

"Pearlie? Are you still up?"

Pearl looks up and sees Marina walking in. Her face was full of exhaustion. "Can't sleep without you."

Marina let out a weak laugh. "You're so adorable. I'm going to take a quick shower."

Pearl nods and watches her girlfriend grab clothes and head into the restroom.
---------------------------------------------------------

Marina climbs in bed, wearing a t-shirt with Pearl's logo on it and some basketball shorts.

Pearl immediately scoots over to her girlfriend and places her head on her shoulder.

"Well someone's clingy today." Marina smiled as she kisses the side of Pearl's head.

"Shut up." Pearl mumbled, smiling. "It's not my fault my girlfriend has been cooped up in the garage for hours."

"Sorry love. I'll make it up to you." Marina placed her arm around Pearl's shoulder, pulling her closer. Pearl looked at the arm and held it. She kissed her forearm and smiled.

"I never noticed how sexy your arms were. Makes me feel even safer." Pearl said.

Marina giggled and leaned down to briefly kiss the inkling. "Only you would say that."

"Well duh. I'm the only one that gets to say that to you." Pearl said.

Marina pulled the blanket over their bodies and moved to hold Pearl in both her arms. Now that they were face to face, she touched Pearl's forehead with her own. "I love you munchkin. I'll try not to work for so long tomorrow."

"Ya better not. Or I'll drag you away from that garage. But I love ya too Mar." Pearl said
---------------------------------------------------------

I really hate ending a chapter on the I love you phrase.