13 ~ The Note

Midoriya's POV

Todoroki shook his head and walked into the kitchen, making sure I was sat down first. I was seated at the table, so I could hear what was going on, but not the clearest. I decided it wasn't worth it to listen, it took too much effort. I slumped down in the chair and put my hands in my pockets. I flinched a bit when I felt the little piece of paper in my pocket. 'I forgot this was even here.' I thought, sitting up straight again.

I looked to the stove, seeing that Todoroki wasn't paying any attention to me. I slowly got up, making sure to make as little sound as possible. I walked over to the garbage can, but just before I could throw the note away, Todoroki took it from me.

"H-Hey!" I hollered, turning around, slow enough as to not make me dizzy. I reached for it, but Todoroki raised it above my reach. "Give It Back." I said, really not wanting him to read it. "Yeah? Why? What is it?" Todoroki asked, looking down at me, making me feel really short. "N-Nothing, just give it back." I said, feeling my heart rate pick up.

"If it was nothing, you wouldn't be trying to get it back." Todoroki said. "Nothing important." I said, trying to get it back again. He pulled it away again, looking unconvinced. "Then I can look at it." Todoroki said. It felt as if everything slowed down and I could feel every beat of my heart. I felt the panic enter every part of my body as I watched him starting to open it with his thumb.

I quickly reached up and covered his eyes, looking at the note, hoping it wasn't opened too much. "Please, Todo, don't read that." I mumbled, trying to regain even a small amount of composer. "And why not?" Todoroki asked, not letting his hand down. 'He won't give up, just let him read it.' I thought. 'He'll hate you if he reads that.' My head was fighting with itself. "Mido?" Todoroki asked. I couldn't tell what he was thinking, mostly because I couldn't see his eyes.

I looked up, then looked back down, my hands following. 'I give up.' I thought. "Whatever, I'm not hungry anymore." I said, putting my hands back in my pockets and walking away. "Bull shit. I don't believe you, stupid nerd." I didn't even have to look up to know it was Kacchan. "Fine, I don't need you to believe me anyway." I said, still walking. I thought I would make it up to my room, but I was stopped by my arm being grabbed. I stumbled a bit as the hand started dragging me back to the table.

I struggled to get out of the grip and failed quite miserably. Walking backwards at a fast pace isn't easy, but I still tried. "You're eating, and that's final." Kacchan said, forcefully sitting me down on the chair I was originally at. "I don't want to." I argued back. "I said 'That's. Final'." Kacchan growled, looking down at me. "Don't you think you're being a bit rough on him Bakubro?" Kirishima asked from behind me. I turned to look at him.

Kirishima looked back at me, smiling his toothy grin. "No, I fucking don't." Kacchan replied. "It's whatever." I said, as my ears and jaw started to hurt from being strained. I looked back to the stove, finding Todoroki's back. "Did you read it?" I asked, getting a confused look from Kacchan and Kirishima. "No, but I'm keeping it and we'll be reading it later." Todoroki responded, not looking back at me while he continued cooking. "Can't we just throw it away?" I asked, really not wanting him to know what's written.

"Absolutely not." Todoroki said, his voice was strong and absolute. I felt my eyes burn as tears started building up. "I don't want you to read it. I don't want anyone reading it." I said, my voice cracking and I looked down at my hands. "Wait, what are you guys talking 'bout?" Kirishima asked, as Kacchan had his phone out, still standing next to me. "A note he was trying to throw away." Todoroki answered, leaving my mouth to go dry. "Deku, it better not be what I think it is." Kacchan said, glaring at me. I didn't meet eyes with him, just a slight glance at him and then back down at my hands.

"Shit. It is, isn't it?" Kacchan asked, pushing himself off the wall he was leaning on. When I didn't respond, he walked into the kitchen and up to Todoroki, holding out his hand. "The note." Kacchan demanded. Todoroki looked up from the food, hesitating. Todoroki's eyes seemed to search Kacchan for something. Apparently, he didn't find what he was looking for, as he pulled the note out of his pocket and handing it to Kacchan. Kacchan quickly opened it, his face scrunching up as he read it.

He walked up to me, slamming the note on the table in front of me. "You will be talking to that Half n' Half Bastard about this." He growled, his eyes slightly teary. I was caught a bit off guard as I nodded watching Kacchan walking over to Kirishima and dragging the redhead upstairs. I looked back to the lounge area and found that there was no one there. 'Wait, when did they leave?' I questioned myself. I looked back at Todoroki and watched as he served the noodles into two bowls.

He walked to the table and handed me my bowl, then sitting down across from me. I watched as he started eating. 'I am so freaky.' I thought, picking up my fork. I picked up some noodles and twirled it around, stuffing it in my mouth. I loved the taste, it was spicy but too bad, it was perfect. "This is really yummy!" I almost yelled, making Todoroki jump. "Glad you like it." Todoroki said, almost smiling. I looked down to my bowl, wanting another bite, when my eyes caught on the note. 'Ignore it.' I thought, filling my fork again and eating it, against all my negative thought.

"Hey Mido." Todoroki said, making me look up at him. "What's the note?" I knew he'd ask eventually, but I hoped he'd ask later. "A suicide note." I mumbled under my breath, hesitating a bit before taking another bite. "Can I read it?" Todoroki asked, reaching for it. I took it off the table before he could take it and stuffed it in my pocket. "Later, I want to eat." I said, grabbing another large fork full of noodles and stuffing it in my mouth.

"Okay. " Todoroki said, eating his own food again. I stuck my fork into the bowl, only to find that I only had the broth left. I licked the fork of and drank the broth. "You're a really good cook, Todo." I said after I finished. "Thank you." He said, small smile appearing on his face. "I'll be right back." I said, getting up to rinse my dishes. I was rinsing my bowl when I felt something on my shoulder.

1202 words