Year 1- 1

Evangeline, who now had her name changed to Cassiopeia, awoke in her bed to the sound of her adoptive father, William Reid- who was tall, with black hair, and worked at the Ministry of Magic as an assistant to the Minister himself, Cornelius Fudge- smashing open the door and proceeding to unlock the chains currently attached to Cassiopeia's wrists. Cassiopeia was never accepted by her new parents, for they are 'pure-blooded' and expect her to act like a true pure-blood (which involved her being mean, cruel and she has to hate all those who were beneath her, like those who were classed as 'half-blood' or 'muggle-born' and she had to hate all 'muggles' (who were non-magical)), however, she has never agreed with the terms and always fought back against them. Which is why now she is beaten by William and chained to her wall most times, unless they are out of the house, they had guests visiting the house, she was being punished, or if she had displayed a sign of being 'pure-blooded' (which never seemed to be the case).

Despite the pain that the punishment caused, Cassiopeia never wants to believe the rubbish that her adoptive parents talk about, and even though she knew that she would never be able to escape their wrath, she still fought for what she believed in. Today was a special day indeed, as today she would go to Diagon Alley to pick up her school supplies, having received her acceptance letter to Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardry earlier in the year- after becoming 11 years-old. She would be going with her adoptive father and mother, Ara Reid- who was a beautiful woman with long golden hair, who didn't work and spent her time going to parties, going shopping, or looking after their daughter (their real daughter) Lyra Reid- who was five years younger than Cassiopeia, with beautiful raven hair and blue eyes- Lyra, however, did share some of her parents' views, but was also too naïve to see the wrongness behind them. But Cassiopeia was also glad about this, as then it could be her that was being beaten and punished, and despite not being truly sisters, she had always wanted to protect Lyra from the wrath of William and Ara. Lyra was also coming along for the visit, although due to the fact that she was only 6, she was only coming for the shopping trip.

After having a warm shower, she sighed and looked to the scar on her forearm, it was indeed in the shape of a lightning bolt- which seems odd but she cannot remember how she got it-, she then proceeded to get dressed into black jeans and a beautiful vest top, that had a gradient from blue to white, she fastened her long raven hair, that was slightly curly, into a French plait, she also made sure to wear bracelets, (in order to hide the scars on her wrists from the chains), she also wrapped a bandage around her lightning bolt shaped scar (so as people didn't see it), and she began to travel downstairs. While putting on her silver ballet pumps, she felt William come behind her and place a hand on her shoulder. This made a shiver travel down Cassiopeia's spine, but she remained emotionless all the same, and turned to face him. He looked down on her with his beady brown eyes and stared into her sapphire eyes and muttered an enchantment.

"There. Your bruises are now covered." She felt the disappointment in his voice, "You better not do anything to disgrace us! Or there will be severe consequences! Believe me!" She nodded in agreement and turned around to grab her purse.

"Father, I was hop-" she was abruptly interrupted with William's shouts.

"HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT ME! YOU KNOW TO CALL ME SIR!" he bellowed.

"Yes Sir." She began to stare to the floor before speaking again, "Sir, I was hoping that while yourself and Madame were getting my school books, supplies and owl while myself and Lyra getting my robes and wand, as we discussed yesterday. I was hoping that I could treat Lyra to an ice cream at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour?" She asked with fear, however, she believed he would agree due to the fact that he did love Lyra and wanted her to be happy.

"Yes, that sounds fair." She sighed in relief, "But, if you disrespect myself, your sister or your family there will be consequences!"

"Yes, Sir."

With these words Ara and Lyra began to descend the staircase towards the two, and they began to walk to the large, white front door. As they got to the end of the driveway, they apparated to Diagon Alley.

-----***-----

Thanks for reading

-Zoe