Year 2 - 9

After another chilling nightmare, Cassiopeia woke up early in the morning- not wanting to go back to sleep. She showered and got ready for the day ahead, and then made her way- with her book and reading glasses- to the common room. Unsurprisingly, the common room was empty, with two hours until breakfast began and people would start to get up. Cassiopeia didn't mind being alone, she often felt that she could be herself. Not having to worry about the pressures of her life, her parentage, who she could or couldn't be friends with. She could just forget all that worried her. Just forget. She had almost finished her book of Pride and Prejudice, when she heard someone call her name. She looked up from her book to see Marcus sitting opposite her. She smiled and they hugged each other.

"I missed you." She told him.

"I missed you too." He replied. "Is this going to be a reoccurring thing, you coming down on the first morning of school and reading your book?"

"Depends if I have a nightmare on the first night again." She replied with a shrug.

"Another one?" He asked, she nodded.

"I have a feeling they're going to be more frequent this year." She replied. He pulled her in for another hug. "I'm going to go and wake my friends. See you later."

"Bye, Cass." He replied. She went up to her dorm, which contained the same people as last year, and put her book back in her bedside table. She looked at her friends, and they all slept peacefully. She smirked and decided to continue the tradition. She grabbed her pillow, but shook Amelia awake. She woke up and looked to Cassiopeia and saw the mischievous glint in her eyes. She smirked and grabbed her pillow too. Cassiopeia approached Pansy, while Amelia approached Millicent. Cassiopeia looked to Amelia and mouthed 'three, two, one', and on 'one' they both woke their victims with a pillow to the face. Pansy shrieked and Millicent rolled out of bed in shock. Amelia and Cassiopeia burst into laughter.

"Is this going to become a yearly thing?" Millicent groaned while getting up.

"As long as I'm around, it will!" Cassiopeia replied with a smirk.

"Well then..." Pansy trailed off, hitting Cassiopeia with her pillow. Cassiopeia gasped in shock, and returned the hit. Millicent then joined in to protect Pansy, and Amelia joined Cassiopeia. They fought for what seemed a while until a small first year came through the door. They turned their attention to her.

"Sorry, a boy called Draco Malfoy told me to tell you to worry up or their going to breakfast without you." She told the quartet.

"Thank you." Cassiopeia replied. As soon as the door was closed behind the first year the fighting resumed. Cassiopeia and Amelia became victorious by the end, and the other three went to get changed. Cassiopeia went down to the common room to see Draco, Blaise, Theodore, Crabbe and Goyle waiting for them. When she approached them, they seemed relieved.

"Took you long enough, where are the others?" Draco asked.

"Still getting ready, I've been ready for hours." Cassiopeia replied, earning a groan of annoyance from Crabbe and Goyle. Cassiopeia chuckled. "Don't worry, the food will still be there when we get there."

"Not at this rate." Crabbe replied.

"Awww, Vince. Is your poor belly hungry?" Cassiopeia teased. Crabbe nodded. "How about yours Greg?" Goyle nodded too. "Awww, sucks to be you." She then replied making everyone but Crabbe and Goyle laugh. She went over and ruffled their hair. "I'm just kidding, they won't be long."

"Ready." Amelia's voice announced, and the three girls came down the stairs.

"Food!" Crabbe and Goyle yelled, making everyone laugh. Together they walked to the great hall, when they got their they went to their place at the Slytherin table. Despite the shocked looks from everyone, Cassiopeia grabbed a normal sized portion of breakfast. While she wasn't looking the friends smiled to each other, happy their friend was eating again. They started speaking about Quidditch, and how Draco was looking to try out, when there was a loud voice from the Gryffindor table.