Year 2 - 29

As the night went on, none of the Slytherins had even remotely got over Cassiopeia, and many of them doubted they ever would. But as they promised they cleaned themselves up and made their way to the Great Hall. They sat on their table and watched silently as the other tables filled up. There were black flags hanging from the ceiling, each holding the Hogwarts 'H' and a faint Slytherin outline behind. When everyone had arrived, Professor Dumbledore stood from his chair and he walked to his centre podium.

"Students, Staff, Ghosts. Tonight, we acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here with us." He started, gesturing to the Slytherin table- which contained the palest and saddest faces in the hall. He then grabbed his glass. "I want everyone to raise their glass, for Cassiopeia Reid." Everyone did so, the Slytherins very sadly. "Cassiopeia wasn't just your average Slytherin. No, she belonged in all of the houses. With her smarts, her loyalty, her bravery and her ambition. Here everyone sits, some of you may not have known Cassiopeia, however I feel that many of you did. Whether you knew her from an act of kindness. An act of bravery. An act of rule breaking. Or even just from her presence. She didn't know that she had a smile that could light up any room. She could comfort someone, and not realise she was doing it. She was a loyal friend. A withstanding companion. And more importantly a figure of hope. Not many of you would know this, but she always put herself ahead of others. She would put her own safety at risk to save someone else, even someone she didn't know. There is a poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye, that I feel would be exactly as Cassiopeia would describe it: 'Do not stand at my grave and weep. I am not there; I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glints on snow, I am the sun on ripened grain, I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night. So not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there; I did not die.' We need to progress from today and move on. However, moving on doesn't mean forgetting. Moving on, is simply that. Moving on with your lives, but keeping the memories, keeping the experiences and keeping the love. And above all, keeping Cassiopeia in our hearts. And that is what I ask of you. Keep Cassiopeia Reid in your hearts, whether she be there as a friend, companion, acquaintance, sister, lover, just keep her in your hearts." Once he finished his speech, he then made the food appear. "I know you may not be hungry, with these emotions, but don't let yourselves fade away with grief. Enjoy some food." Everyone then started to eat.

After a silent feast, with small conversations every now and then. Everyone made their way back to their common rooms. When the Slytherins returned back to theirs, there wasn't a dry eye. Everyone sat down, having quiet conversations. They all then came together and spoke about Cassiopeia. Spoke about what they loved about her. What they would miss the most. How they could honour her.

~*~

They were talking about maybe planting a tree in her honour, when the door opened. In walked Professor Snape and Professor Dumbledore.

"Evening students, sorry to disturb you. We are just coming to collect Cassiopeia's things. Is there anyway one of the girls in her dorm could come and help us figure out what things are hers?" Professor Dumbledore asked. Amelia stood up and nodded. Marcus then also offered his assistance. He gestured for the two to follow him. When they got to the room. They started by getting her things from the wardrobe, then putting them in her trunk.

"What's this?" Professor Snape asked, holding Cassiopeia's dream box.

"That's her dream box." Marcus explained. "When she had a nightmare, she would draw something she remembered and put it in the box. Hoping by facing them and locking them away, the nightmares would either seem less scary or disappear." The Professors nodded, but Professor Snape looked as though he wanted to open it, just to see how haunted his goddaughter was. While the others weren't looking, he shrank the box and placed in his robe pocket. After clearing out the wardrobe, they moved onto under the bed. They then noticed that there were wrapped up presents. They took them out, many were larger, there were a few small ones. All of them had labels, e.g.: 'Professor McGonagall, End of year gift.', 'Draco, End of year gift.', 'Draco, Birthday gift.', 'Marcus, End of year gift.', 'Professor Dumbledore, end of year gift.'.