Year 2 - 13

Cassiopeia awoke from her nightmare by someone shaking her awake. She opened her eyes to see Marcus Flint looming over her.

"What?" She asked groggily.

"Quidditch practice." Marcus replied.

"Give me a second to get changed." She replied, slowly climbing out of her bed. She raised her wand and she was clean and in her quidditch robes. "Wait, how did you get up the stairs?"

"I have my ways." He replied. She nodded and then the pair walked to the entrance of the room. Cassiopeia quickly jumped on Marcus' back. He stumbled a little, in shock, and then recovered. "Why?"

"You woke me up at the crack of dawn, you owe me." She replied. He nodded with a laugh and carried her into the common room. The whole quidditch team were waiting in the room, they smiled at the sight of their only female member on their captain's back. Together the group made their way down to the pitch, talking about how they were going to train. As they walked across the field, they saw the Gryffindors walking towards them. Marcus let down Cassiopeia and gave her one of the two brooms in his hand.

"Wait, we're stealing the Gryffindors' pitch time?" She asked. Flint nodded, she looked annoyed.

"Where do you think you're going, Flint?" Oliver Wood asked, as the two teams met.

"Quidditch practice." Marcus replied.

"I booked the field for Gryffindor today." Oliver replied.

"Easy, Wood. I've got a note." Marcus replied, handing Oliver the signed note. Oliver read it out loud.

"I, Professor Severus Snape, hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new seeker." He read. "You've got a new seeker, who?" the Slytherin team move apart, to show Draco standing with Cassiopeia at the back.

"Malfoy?" Harry asked in shock, knowing that his enemy was now his competition on the pitch.

"That's right, and that's not all that's new this year." He said, gesturing to the brooms that the Slytherin team was holding.

"Those are Nimbus 2001s." Ron said gob smacked, after him and Hermione came to see the argument. "How did you get those?"

"A gift from Draco's father." Marcus said.

"You see, Weasley. Unlike some, my father can afford the best." Draco retorted.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent." Hermione replied. Cassiopeia went to walk forwards, but Adrian stopped her. Draco walked towards Hermione.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little mud-blood." Draco said, making everyone on the Gryffindor team, except Harry (who didn't know what the term meant), and Cassiopeia look in shock and anger.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy!" Ron said angrily. He got his wand and pointed it at Draco. "Eat Slugs!" He said, but the blast from his wand shot towards Ron himself. He went flying backwards, and the Gryffindor team rushed to him. As did Cassiopeia, ignoring the calls and laughs from the Slytherin team. Ron was bent over by the time she reached them, Ron then leant down and a slug came from his mouth. There was a flash of a camera.

"Wow. Could you turn him around Harry?" Colin Creevey asked, camera in hand.

"No, Colin. Get out the way." Harry said, helping Ron stand. "Let's get him to Hagrid, he'll know what to do."

"Hermione?" Cassiopeia asked, she turned back to face her. Cassiopeia took her hand. "Don't take what Draco said to heart. You're second in the year, you're beating him. There isn't a spell you can't do, just ignore him." Hermione nodded and rushed off with Harry to help Ron. They were still on the pitch when Cassiopeia turned angrily to the Slytherin team.