Year 1-14

Together Amelia and Cassiopeia walked out towards the dungeons where they would be having their first potions lesson ever, it would be taught by Professor Snape- and it is said that he favours Slytherins- but unfortunately it was with the Gryffindor's. They grabbed their books for the day from their dorm, and put them in their bags, and they walked to the classroom. There they found that the class was already inside, but Professor Snape was not. Everyone looked to Cassiopeia when she entered the classroom, Ron shrunk in fear, but Cassiopeia held her head high and moved to an empty seat at the front of the room, where she sat with Draco on one side and Amelia on the other. They began to chat but then the door flung open. Professor Snape walked straight to the front.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving, or silly incantations in this class." By this point he has reached the front of the class and has turned to face everyone. "As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few, who possess the select predisposition." He paused for effect, looking at the Slytherins, "I can teach you how to bewitch the mind, ensnare the senses, I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." Professor Snape then notices that Harry is copying this down, he turns to glare at him. "Then again perhaps some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention." At this point Hermione, who was sitting next to Harry, elbowed him in the ribs. Harry turned to Professor Snape. "Ah, Mr Potter. Our new celebrity."

Cassiopeia could now tell that Professor Snape was planning to embarrass Harry, and then it began.

"Tell me, Mr Potter. What would I get if I added powered root of Asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Harry looked blankly at the professor while Hermione raised her hand.

"I don't know, Sir." Harry replied.

"Alright then, where would I look to find me a bezoar?" Professor Snape tried again. Harry continued to stare blankly, while Hermione raised her hand even higher- jumping on her seat.

"I don't know" Harry said.

"What is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfsbane?" Hermione was almost standing at this point, with her hand still raised. Harry looked to her and then back to the professor.

"I don't know, Sir." Harry said.

"Well, clearly fame isn't everything." Professor Snape replied.

"Well, clearly Hermione knows. So why don't you ask her?" Harry finally snapped at him.

"Put your hand down." He snapped at Hermione, he turned back to Harry, "5 points from Gryffindor, for your housemate's cheek." All of the Slytherins laughed at this, however, Harry noticed that the only one not laughing was Cassiopeia- at this point he then thought to himself 'what if I judged her wrong?'. He was then brought back to the class when Professor Snape turned to the rest of the class. "Let's see if anyone else knows, Ms Reid. Can you answer the same three questions?" Harry looked to Cassiopeia, knowing that she didn't like this position but, much to Professor Snape's pleasure, she nodded.

"If you added powered root of Asphodel to an infusion of wormwood, you would make a sleeping-potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is taken from the stomach of a goat, and it would save you from most poisons. As for Monkshood and Wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which goes by the name Aconite." Professor Snape nodded at the girl.

"Correct, 20 points to Slytherin, Ms Reid. Well, why aren't you all copying this down?" There was then a big rush for everyone to grab their quills and parchment. But Harry was still feeling guilty about the fact that himself and Ron were rude to her this morning.