Year 1-16

As the week went on there was a notice about Flying class, Cassiopeia was excited- as William had forbade her to ride a broom at home- so now she would be able to ride one.

As the Gryffindors and Slytherins walk towards the lesson, which was their last lesson of the week, they are greeted by two rows of brooms lying on the floor. They approach the brooms, with the houses each side. Cassiopeia was next to Draco and Amelia, opposite her was Harry, Ron and Neville.

"Good afternoon, class." A tall woman, with short hair and yellow eyes said, walking to the front of the class.

"Good afternoon, Madame Hooch" the class replied in unison.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well what are you waiting for? Everyone step-up to your broomstick, stick your right hand over the broomstick and say 'up'!"

"UP!" Everyone shouted. Cassiopeia felt her broom come up to her hand the first time and looked around to see that the only other person that managed to do it first time was Harry, and Draco one try later. Everyone continued to try, most people had to try quite a few times, but eventually all had their brooms in their hand.

"Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet and then come straight back down by leaning forwards slightly. On my whistle- three- two"

However, Neville was nervous and his broom began to rise.

"Mr Longbottom- Mr Longbottom. Come back down this instant." However, despite Neville's screams, 'down!', he continued to fly around. It continued to rise and rise until everyone heard a loud thud. There Neville laid on the floor. Madame Hooch approached him, and realised he had a broken wrist.

"None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can say 'Quidditch'" She escorted Neville away, as soon as they were out of earshot Draco began to laugh as he picked up Neville's rememberall.

"Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he would have remembered to land on his fat arse."

"Give it here, Malfoy!" Harry shouted at the same time that Cassiopeia said "Give it here, Draco!" Harry and Cassiopeia looked at each other and then back to Draco.

"No! I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find." Draco then grabbed his broom and began to climb on "How 'bout on the roof?" he began to fly higher and turned around. "What's the matter? Bit beyond your reach?"

Harry and Cassiopeia both began to climb on their brooms, but Hermione then came up to them both. "Harry, Cassiopeia. No way! You heard what Madame Hooch said, besides you guys don't even know how to fly!" Harry and Cassiopeia then flew off, but they still heard Hermione say "What idiots!"

"Give it here, Malfoy, or I'll knock you off your broom." Harry declared, he then went to hit Draco off his broom- but Draco dodged Harry.

"Have it your way then." Draco then proceeded to throw the rememberall. Harry chased after it, Cassiopeia close behind, but not too close as she wondered whether Harry would be able to get steady after catching the ball, which she didn't doubt he would.

As Harry caught the ball he began to wobble "Cassiopeia!" and he threw it to her. She caught it with ease. They both came to the floor together to a crowd of cheering Gryffindors. They were being congratulated, but Professor McGonagall's voice broke through the crowd.

"HARRY POTTER! CASSIOPEIA REID!" Everyone turned to see Professor McGonagall looking very angry. They followed her through the castle turning around to see people looking worried and some smirking. As they walked through the school Cassiopeia noticed that they were walking towards the dungeons, possible to find Professor Snape, so he could expel Cassiopeia. As they approached the potions door Professor McGonagall told them to wait around the corner. She knocked on the potions classroom door, and inside was Professor Snape and a class.

"Sorry to interrupt, Professor. I was hoping that I could borrow yourself, Marcus Flint and Oliver Wood for a moment."

"Of course," came Professor Snape's response. Oliver Wood, a tall Gryffindor, Marcus Flint and Professor Snape exited the classroom and Professor McGonagall quickly spoke to Professor Snape off to the side and the students stood there waiting. The Professors came back over and Professor McGonagall ushered Harry and Oliver into a nearby empty classroom, while Professor Snape began to walk in the other direction, Cassiopeia and Marcus followed him.

To say that Cassiopeia was worried at this point would be an understatement, she was thinking of the many possibilities that would need both her head of house and Marcus. Then she began to panic that he had found out about her homelife- but she wouldn't believe that Marcus would ever betray her trust, even though they haven't known each other for long she could just feel that he wouldn't betray her. So, what could Professor Snape be wanting? As the group entered Professor Snape's office, he turned to them both.

-----***-----

Thanks for reading

-Zoe