Year 1-20

Meanwhile in the Gryffindor common room Harry and Ron were walking down the stairs ready to go to the duel, they were walking away from the porthole when they heard it open again, they turned to see Hermione. They were shocked to see her but also annoyed.

"What are you doing here?" Ron sneered

"I came to stop you going to this stupid duel." She replied.

"Well, we're going and you can't stop us. Just go back to bed."

"Fine." But as she went to go back into the common room, she saw that the fat lady was no longer there, "Now what?"

"Well that's your problem. Come on, Harry." They began to walk away and then Hermione's voice stopped them.

"I guess I'll just have to come with you."

"No, you won't." Ron replied.

"Watch me" Hermione snapped.

And with that together they walked to the trophy room and waited until they heard a familiar voice.

"Sniff around, my sweet, they might be lurking in a corner." It was Mr Filch talking to Mrs Norris, as he entered the doorway of the trophy room, the group hid so he couldn't see them, and when he walked further into the room, they snuck out behind him into the corridor. They were running away when Ron stumbled into a suit of armour, the clanging and banging was loud enough to wake the whole castle.

"RUN!" Harry yelled and the three of them sprinted down the halls, and Harry was in the lead but wasn't sure where he was running to. He continued to run fast and when they made it to the Charms corridor they stopped and began to catch their breaths. "I think we've lost him."

"Cassiopeia – was – right." Hermione said between breaths.

"We've got to get back to Gryffindor tower," said Ron, "And quickly."

"Malfoy tricked you," Hermione said to Harry, "you realise that don't you? He was never going to meet you- Filch knew someone was going to be in the trophy room. Malfoy must have tipped him off. I guess you guys owe Cassiopeia an apology."

Harry knew that she was right, but he wasn't going to tell her that right that second. "Let's go" but as they were walking back to the common room they came face to face with Mrs Norris. They quickly began running off when they came to a corridor and they went to enter a door but it was locked.

"This is it!" Ron moaned, "We're done for!" They could hear Filch's footsteps approaching.

"Oh, move over," Hermione snarled, pushing Ron and Harry out of the way, she pulled out her wand and whispered "Alohomora!". The lock clicked and the door swung open- they piled in to the room shutting the door, they put their ears to the door and began to hear Filch's footsteps fading as he walked away.

"He thinks this door is locked," Ron whispered.

"And for a good reason." Harry replied, fear lacing his voice. Both Ron and Hermione turned to see what Harry was staring at and there stood a large black dog. However, this dog was as large as the room and it's three heads reached the ceiling. It began barking and coming at them, the three screamed and rushed out the door and slamming the door shut. They ran to the Gryffindor common room and finally felt like they could breathe.

"What do they think they were doing keeping a thing like that in a school?" said Ron.

Hermione turned to the boys, still angry with their lack of trust in her. "You don't used your eyes, do you?" she snapped, "Didn't you see what it was standing on?"

"I wasn't looking at its feet, I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. In case you didn't notice there were three!"

"It was standing on a trapdoor. It's obviously guarding something."

"Guarding something?" Harry inquired.

"Yes." She then stood up, "Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed or worse – expelled!"

Ron then turned to Harry as the brunette walked up the stairs, "She needs to sort out her priorities."

Harry nodded and the two went to bed.

-----***-----

Thanks for reading

-Zoe