III- blushing

(Y/n) was watching a tutorial on her phone intently as she applied some of her mother's makeup to her face. She went fairly minimal and the end product looked nice but she was by no means an expert.

Her door opened very suddenly, causing her to fumble on the lipstick she was applying. "Can you knock?!" (Y/n) groaned up her brother's entry.

"Padgett's mad at me now, thanks to you." Ronan ignored her request.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes and fixed her lipstick with a makeup wipe. "I didn't know what to say, I thought you would've spoken about it to her at some point considering how often you're together."

"Well, we didn't. She thought I was cheating on her or something because of your inability to talk like a normal person." Ronan accused.

(Y/n) shrugged helplessly. "I'm sorry. I don't really know what you want from me here."

He grumbled something beneath his breath that went unheard to (Y/n) and then spoke up. "We're leaving in ten minutes."

She nodded and then gestured for Ronan to leave and completed her hair and makeup. The weekend was here and she was going to the event that Carmen's boss was holding.

Carmen had been amping it up excitedly the entire week, Ronan and (Y/n) were less excited per say.

Just as (Y/n) took a final glance in the mirror, satisfied with her appearance, her phone began to ring.

It was a number that she recognised but never made a contact for.

It was her father.

The reason she never saved his details to her phone was because of her fear of a scenario where her mom or brother would see the contact name and find out about her visits.

She accepted the call and lifted the device to her ear. "Hi, dad."

"What day are you visiting next week?"

Felix never greeted her, or even inquired her wellbeing, he always went straight to the point.

"I don't mind." She replied, it wasn't like she was doing anything after school.

"Wednesday it is" He stated.

(Y/n) was about to wish her father well but he'd already hung up, getting the information he needed. She sighed and deleted the call from her history in case of the unlikely instance that someone would be going through her phone.

"Can you two just behave yourselves?" Carmen requested as she locked the car and walked towards the large house with Ronan and (Y/n) trailing behind her.

"Yeah, (Y/n)." Ronan said, elbowing his younger sister lightly.

"She was obviously talking to you." (Y/n) retorted.

"I'm an adult, unlike you." He said smugly.

"Barely."

"Hey!"

"This is exactly what I mean." Carmen huffed, stopping and turning to her children. "Can you two not do this at the party."

Both brother and sister went very quiet and nodded meekly.

Carmen sighed. "Thank you."

She knocked at the door and was asked for their names by a older man who appeared to be a butler of some sort.

"Fancy ass shit." Ronan muttered, earning a slap to the arm from his mother.

After they were granted entry the (L/n)s made their way inside to the main hall.