XLVIII- organisation

An entire month had passed.

The one thing that had changed was a slight improvement in (Y/n)'s lying skills.

In the last month she'd seen three more clients though she could hardly remember their names or faces, only the things they did to her.

All of them just blended into one.

Each time she went out, Gianni was under the impression that she was seeing her dad, while her family were told that she was Gianni.

Despite how much it pained him to be without her, Gianni still covered for her in case Carmen and Ronan ever got suspicious.

She was still acting a bit off but maintained the fact that she didn't want to talk about it. The thing that worried Gianni the most was how sometimes she'd be very withdrawn when kissing him. It wasn't her fault that when they kissed her mind would suddenly flash to one of the customer's lips on her own.

Felix had been getting her earlier from client's houses so he could get her to school in time and at this point he was carelessly smearing foundation on her bruised neck, making (Y/n) flinch away.

It was clear he was pissed off at her because the man she was with complained about her. She wasn't doing what her client wanted her to do and he strangled her, (Y/n) passed out so he had to finish off while she was out.

"There. You can't even tell." He dropped the sponge and showed his makeup job to (Y/n). Granted, he had done a good job at concealing the marks.

"Thank you." She said quietly.

Felix took a look at his watch and forced her up by her shoulders. "There's a car outside that's gonna take you to school. So far, I don't have anything booked for you but I'll let you know."

"Okay."

(Y/n) scribbled some answers out mindlessly on a worksheet in her chemistry class.

Orlando had sat himself next to her and she could tell that he was continuously looking at her. The two hadn't really spoken since he said that she and Gianni were doomed.

"Psst."

"I'm working." (Y/n) faced him. "And stop staring at me."

"I want to talk to you." He said. "I'm really sorry about what I said but I want us to be friends-"

He stopped when (Y/n) dropped her head on the desk. Everything was overwhelming her so much.

"...(Y/n)?"

She turned her head to face him but her cheek was still against the desk. "I'm so exhausted, Orlando."

"Something's up with you, you've been acting strange for a while now." He said earnestly.

(Y/n) picked herself up and shrugged. "I don't know what you want me to say."

"The truth."

"Nothing's wrong." She got back to her work in the final five minutes of their class.

"Can you talk to me after class?" Orlando fiddled with his pencil anxiously, something was very wrong with (Y/n) and he could tell.

(Y/n) sighed deeply. "Fine. If it bothers you that much."

After class, Orlando ushered (Y/n) away to the closet where she had given drugs to Padgett. She thought fondly back on the days where Padgett and ecstacy were her biggest problems.

"You can tell me what's happened. Please, you can trust me if you're not safe." Orlando pleaded.

(Y/n) looked down at the floor. "I'm... safe, please don't get stressed over this."

"I know that you're lying and you won't convince me otherwise. It would be easier if you just told me what was going on. Have you done something illegal?" It was clear that he genuinely cared for her and that made (Y/n) feel even worse. Gianni, Orlando, Ronan and her mom only wanted her to be happy and safe and she was brushing them off.

"I'm not lying..." She rubbed at her neck but the second she removed her hand she could see the foundation that covered her palm and she knew she'd fucked up.

Any hope that Orlando wouldn't see went far out of the window when she saw his face. He was completely horrified.

"What happened? Who did that? Was it Gianni??" He asked frantically in regards the purple finger shaped marks that lined the area of her neck where her makeup had been removed. He could easily assume that she was hiding even more under more makeup and clothing.

(Y/n) panicked inwardly. Her mind was reeling, she couldn't tell Orlando what was really going on but if she didn't then he'd think it was Gianni.

"I'm gonna tell you what's going on and you're not going to do anything, got it?" (Y/n) said firmly.

"If he's hurting you then you need to-"

"It wasn't Gianni, he doesn't know. No one does." (Y/n) momentarily opened the door to check if anyone was listening in and when the coast was clear she shut the door again and lowered her voice. "I trust you. But you knowing this could get you in a lot of trouble."

"I don't care, (Y/n), I need to know what's going on." Orlando was growing more and more worried with each passing moment.

So (Y/n) let it all off her chest. She told him everything she possibly could, all about her dreams, her previous visits to her dad, the fitness regime and the clients she had seen. It did help a bit to talk to someone, it was like weight being lifted off of her.

Orlando took in all her words in astonishment, he felt so awful hearing about what had been happening to her and how her father had used her for his own monetary gain.

"I can't do shit about it." (Y/n) finished off. "I feel so helpless, nothing I do matters. At the end of the day I'm still gonna end up in the same place."

"You could break up with Gianni." Orlando suggested.

(Y/n) shook her head quickly. "I can't, I... I won't."

"I want to help you."

"You can't."

He racked his brain for a solution, even just a temporary one. "How about this? Give me your dad's contact."

"What are you gonna do?" (Y/n) asked.

"I'm gonna book the night with you."

(Y/n) took a steady step back, not sure of how that would help in the slightest.

"Not like that. I can just spend up your time so we can hang out instead of getting fucked by an old man. It doesn't really help in the long run but at least-"

(Y/n) found herself with tears in her eyes yet again. She could hardly believe that he was doing this for her, he was spending his own money to stop at least one man from having his way with her.

"Thank you so much." She pulled Orlando into a hug and felt incredibly lucky to have him in that moment.