LXX- happy/sad

a/n: Before we begin with this chapter I want to thank @Astre777 for this brilliant fanart of Gianni!

Aaahh! It's so good! Thank you so much!

Now onto the story:

"(Y/n)! Are you okay?! Please tell me what the test says!" Gianni yelled frantically at the door, the timer had gone off five minutes ago and he'd got nothing but radio silence back from (Y/n).

His entire body was shaking in anticipation, he hoped (Y/n) wasn't too upset.

"(Y/n), please-"

The door suddenly opened and (Y/n) walked out blankly.

"What did it..." Gianni trailed off, she walked right by him to go straight to her bedroom. He watched her sadly.

He felt the overwhelming urge to go and comfort her but the first order of business was to figure out whether she was pregnant or not.

Gianni rushed into the bathroom and saw the test lying on the floor, she must've dropped it. He picked it up desperately and saw the result.

He wanted to be able to feel the same melancholy that (Y/n) was experiencing just to be able to relate to her but he couldn't. It was impossible.

She was really pregnant, with his child. A bright smile unconsciously found its way to Gianni's face.

They were going to have a baby, he was going to be a dad. Sure, it was impractical and unplanned but he'd been coming to accept that their relationship wasn't going to work in the way he hoped it would.

But it was alright now! He had (Y/n) with him and that made everything perfect on its own and now she was going to have his child.

Maybe this would make her more receptive to him, co parenting would surely make them closer. His heart was flooded with pure joy that he couldn't hide from her.

He put the test down next to the sink, he didn't want to throw it away.

Gianni didn't knock on the bedroom door as he let himself in.

(Y/n) was laying on the bed over the duvet crying to herself. "G-get out..." She choked out, not even looking up.

Gianni was still smiling, he felt a twinge of sadness that (Y/n) wasn't as elated by the news as he was but he was sure she'd an excellent mother even if she wasn't happy now.

"Darling, we're having a baby." He walked over and got onto the bed.

(Y/n) sniffed and flipped over to face Gianni, he was a lot closer than she was expecting. They were almost nose to nose. "I know. I don't want to think about it."

"I can talk to my dad and get a doctor over here and they can make sure that everything goes smoothly, you won't have to worry about anything." He assured her as he wrapped his arms around (Y/n), effectively pulling her right into him.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do..." She cried softly.

"Don't worry, you have nothing to be nervous about. I'll have everything sorted for you, baby, you just keep yourself healthy." He soothed her. "Isn't this amazing? Oh, we'll have to get baby stuff! Hopefully we'll be out of this place before nine months- well, eight months now, right? We can get a big house for our little family. Oh gosh, only eight months until our little one is born. Do you have any name ideas? I have a few..."

Gianni rambled for what felt like hours, (Y/n) was only half listening and just fell asleep. He also drifted off not long after her, neither of them had even had dinner but the exhaustion of the news had completely knocked them out.

By the time (Y/n) woke up Gianni had already set off for school.

She had almost forgotten about yesterday's events until her soaking wet pillow reminded her. Her hand subconsciously went to her stomach.

(Y/n) got up and went to the bathroom to ease how sick she felt, she wondered about the likelihood of a false positive. That would be ideal.

Everything was still whirring around and she had barely any time to process this shit. It seemed that anytime something bad happened, another bad thing was thrown at her the second she'd dusted her knees off from the previous event.

Frankly, it was exhausting.

Yes, 'exhausting', that was exactly how she felt. It was more than indifference but less than devastation. She had become careless and wanted things to just slow down so she could take a moment to breath and come to terms with it.

After around twenty minutes in the bathroom, (Y/n) decided to take herself on a walk and not bother with breakfast. She was sure that Gianni would preach something about not taking proper care of the baby by not eating but (Y/n) just didn't care.

She'd just stopped caring.

Gianni couldn't wipe the smile off his face. Why should he? He was going to be a father! With the girl of his dreams as his child's mother.

Now (Y/n) would see how good he was for her, how caring he could be and he could prove that he was worthy of her love again!

It was the happiest he'd been in a while, he was sure that (Y/n) would realise the wonderfulness of the situation soon enough. She was just going through some initial shock and confusion.

Gianni had himself convinced that she was only crying from happiness and any shred of sadness she showed was only the effect of pregnancy hormones.

He made a mental list of all the things he should start investing in and getting a doctor to confirm their baby's health. They needed prenatal vitamins, maternal clothes for (Y/n), and much more.

"Thinking about how you killed your ex?" Padgett remarked sourly when she saw Gianni's bright expression. She was till yet to get over (Y/n)'s fake death.

The fact that Padgett was still grieving struck Gianni as a little strange. He understood that Carmen and Ronan were obviously torn apart. Tia was still a little out of it but her old self was starting to show through, the same was true for Orlando.

But Padgett.

Padgett who always claimed not to care for (Y/n) in the slightest hadn't made any progress in her mental health since (Y/n)'s supposed death. She had been pulled into a deep depression that wasn't releasing her anytime soon.

"Padgett, I'm trying to move on. Maybe you should do the same." Gianni lied, friendly grin still on his face.

"I don't fucking trust you." Padgett sneered.

"Not everyone is as miserable as you are, stop trying to drag the rest of us to your level." He retorted.

"I swear to god! No one on earth, and I really really mean this, absolutely not a goddamn soul can piss me off the way you do, Gi. No one even gets fucking close!" She was close to tearing her hair out with irritation but Gianni kept calm.

"How's your investigation going, have you proved me guilty yet?" He mocked her.

"Shut up. I know you did it and you know I'm onto you." Padgett said through gritted teeth. "I'm onto all your little schemes."

Gianni just smiled at Padgett. Not even she could bring his mood down in that present moment.