LVI- fight

(Y/n) was doing something she'd never thought she'd do. Fiona Hooper of all people was giving her a ride to school. It was funny with all the stuff that had been happening lately that this still seemed relavent.

(Y/n) had called Padgett the night before once she got home from her dad's place and told her what happened. She also lamented about how awkward it would be seeing Gianni.

Oddly enough, Padgett didn't feel the need to mention her own altercation with Gianni the night before. She promised to help (Y/n) in some way to try and get her away from Gianni as much as possible.

The first way she did this was by getting Fiona to drive (Y/n) into school so she didn't have to get the bus with Gianni. Never being one to deny Padgett her wishes, Fiona agreed although somewhat reluctantly.

So now the two girls who had hardly shared a kind word were driving off together. Fiona kept her eyes on the road, she hadn't received much explanation from Padgett as why she couldn't drive her.

Honestly Padgett was trying to find a balance between helping (Y/n) and showing that she actually cared. She was avoiding her feelings for the other girl at all costs.

Once Fiona parked up, (Y/n) thanked her weakly.

Fiona boredly looked over at her. "Whatever."

She really was a lot like Padgett.

(Y/n) walked down the hall warily with Padgett.

"Shit, will you calm down?" Padgett groaned as (Y/n) looked behind her for about the fifth time.

"Sorry, I just-" She checked over her shoulder again.

"You look like you're on crack. Stop it." Padgett scowled.

"I really don't want to see Gianni." (Y/n) whined, she wasn't dumb enough to think that he wouldn't ask her to date him again and that would mean she'd have to deny him again which would just make everything so much worse than it had to be.

"Join the club." Padgett wasn't being entirely truthful. Some secret part of her hoped Gianni would show up and make a scene. Firstly because it would give Padgett the satisfaction of knowing that she could get to him and secondly it would turn (Y/n) off of him even more.

"I don't want to break his heart again..." (Y/n) pouted.

"Stick with me and it'll all be fine, got it?" Despite how harsh her tone was, Padgett was actually trying to be comforting. She just wasn't very used to acting like this for anyone.

(Y/n)'s nerves picked up when she got to history as it was a class she shared with Gianni, but thankfully Padgett was also there.

Padgett told (Y/n) in advance which seat to go for so when she got to that assigned seat a few minutes early with Padgett sitting to the left of her, she watched the door anxiously.

When Gianni came in it took him a fragment of a millisecond to see (Y/n), he darted over to the empty space beside her but before he could get there one of Padgett's devoted friends took it upon her command.

He looked longingly at (Y/n) who was avoiding eye contact, he didn't even bother looking at the smug smile that was undoubtedly spread across Padgett's face.

Gianni got as close as he could to (Y/n) by sitting behind her, that way once their teacher had stopped talking and gave the class some work he could try to quietly communicate.

"(Y/n)." He whispered out her name.

(Y/n) ignored it and pretended not to hear, she refused to have any sort of confrontation with him right now.