LIII- emotional

"I don't know how I'm gonna do this." (Y/n) was shaking as she spoke to Padgett. She was about to go up to the roof for lunch with Gianni and there she'd break things off with him.

"Just dump his sorry ass and then I'll be waiting here for you." Padgett said in a somewhat out of character show of kindness. They were both standing in the closet that Padgett took MDMA in and (Y/n) had talked to Orlando in.

(Y/n) nodded in agreement reluctantly, she hoped that her recent disregarding behaviour would at least help him expect it and maybe soften the blow.

"Hi, darling, I was beginning to think you'd never show up." Gianni smiled brightly when (Y/n) walked over to him.

She offered him a weak smile that quickly dropped.

"Where's your lunch?" He noticed that she had shown up empty handed and was visibly nervous. "Do you want to sit down?"

(Y/n) shook her head, sitting down would only lengthen the interaction. She just wanted to let him down easy and then get the hell out of there.

Gianni stood up in clear concern. "This is getting ridiculous, (Y/n)." He stated with more than just a hint frustration.

"W-what so you mean?" She stammered, maybe he'd do the breaking up for her.

"Something has obviously happened-" He put his hands firmly on her shoulders. "Tell me what's going on and I promise I'll sort it out."

(Y/n) shut her eyes and took a deep breath. "It's not like that..."

"How is it then?" He shook her lightly, some of his instability made itself evident in his tone. Gianni couldn't help it, (Y/n)'s attitude had him feeling very insecure and maybe for good reason. "I've tried to wait for you but it's been over a month. Did I do something? Please, (Y/n), I can't stand seeing you like this!"

It was now or never. (Y/n) hyped herself up in her head and before she had even uttered a word the tears were rolling.

"We need to break up." She whispered.

Gianni froze, the tension in his hands that were still on her shoulders released in disbelief for a moment before tightening again to the tenth degree.

"...no.. no... NO! NO, WE DON'T." He leaned his face towards her and spoke through gritted teeth. "Whatever is wrong we can work it out. I'll work it out b-but... you can't break up with me, that's just stupid. How stupid are you?"

(Y/n) grimaced as she noticed that he was crying too, she gently tried to pry his hands off of her but he wasn't budging.

"I'm really sorry, but I just think we'd be better off apart." Her bottom lip was trembling, she just wanted this to be over already.

"Say you're kidding right now." He hissed.

"What?"

"Say that it was just a terrible, unfunny joke and that you're sorry and then we never need to talk about this again." Gianni ordered her.

"This isn't joke! This is real life, I don't want to be with you! Now stop making this more difficult than it already is." (Y/n) shouted at him.

He was finding it increasingly hard to hold his tongue. His entire world was crumbling around him, back when they were just friends there were things that Gianni feared he would have to do to get (Y/n) to stay with him. But then she became his girlfriend willingly and he thought they could be normal, she was really forcing his hand and tempting fate by doing this.