LII- confidential

(Y/n) sat at the back of class, she was tired from not getting much sleep the night before, and right before going into class Gianni had bugged her about not taking enough care of herself and that just took even more out of her.

Thank God she didn't share this particular class with Gianni, he'd be all over her and (Y/n) was sure he would be afterwards. She loved him and appreciated that he cared for her so much especially when she'd been feeling so unloved lately, but he could be quite intense. With everything else on top of that, it just became... a lot.

She did however have Padgett sitting near her and had caught the other girl looking at her several times. So when the bell rang and Padgett walked over to (Y/n), she wasn't that surprised. No doubt Padgett would be mocking her for how exhausted she clearly looked.

"I have to talk to you." She said. "It's important."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, this was exactly what she didn't need at the moment. Everyone seemed to want to steal her away to 'talk' and the last time that happened she spilled her guts to Orlando.

"I don't want to hear it, Padgett." (Y/n) knew the pattern well enough by now that she knew Padgett would give her some sort of lecture warning her about Gianni.

"You look like a fucking mess. Just come to the locker room with me, I'll make it quick." Padgett took (Y/n)'s wrist forcefully a dragged her through the school.

(Y/n) saw little point in fighting back, Padgett had proven that she was stronger than her so (Y/n) just let it happen.

"Everyone out." Padgett commanded the room once they got the locker room and all the girls who were there quickly finished whatever they were doing and scrambled out.

(Y/n) couldn't lie and say the times she had spent with Padgett made her immune to the powerful aura she had.

"You're gonna tell me exactly what happened between you and Orlando." Padgett snarled. "And you're gonna tell me right now."

"Me and Orlando?" (Y/n) laughed uncomfortably. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You went to a hotel together on Saturday! Does Gianni know about this??" If anything, Padgett was more shocked than anything that Orlando could turn (Y/n)'s head but she couldn't.

"Oh... that? We were just there as friends." (Y/n) technically wasn't lying.

"Bullshit. And that's not what I asked, I asked if Gianni knew."

From (Y/n)'s lack of response, Padgett could assume that the answer was no.

She scoffed. "You talk a big game, telling me that I'm a bad person but look at you now."

"Orlando and I didn't sleep together, we didn't even stay in the same bed." (Y/n) said quietly, a little intimidated by Padgett's words.

"Oh, right?" Padgett clearly didn't believe her. "Orlando's my best friend, I know he has a thing for you and I refuse to believe that he'd just buy the two of you a hotel room to 'hang out' in."

Padgett knew deep down that she'd probably later regret how harsh she was being, she just was clinging to this as a reason that (Y/n) and Gianni could split up over.

(Y/n) squeezed her eyes shut. Everything was falling apart, Padgett would tell Gianni and how the hell was she supposed to explain what had happened. He'd never believe her.

Unless...

No. There was no way she could tell Padgett. It was bad enough that Orlando knew and she actually trusted him not to say anything.

But it was that or have everyone thinking she was a cheater. Padgett was mean but surely she'd have a bit of humanity when it came to this.

"There is an explanation... but it's very complicated." (Y/n) said shakily.

"I'd love to hear it." Padgett crossed her arms and began to tap her foot.

(Y/n) tried to keep her synopsis as brief and unemotional as she could, she was inwardly screaming at herself for telling Padgett and she was sure that she'd come to regret this. But she didn't have many other choices, as much as she didn't want to she'd have to trust Padgett.

Padgett tried not to show her heartbreak or sorrow as (Y/n) was talking and kept a neutral expression, when she finished Padgett cleared her throat. "I... I-" She was close to apologising for assuming the worst of (Y/n) and Orlando but stopped herself. "That sounds terrible."

(Y/n) shrugged. "There's nothing I can do about it."

Padgett wanted to hug (Y/n), she looked so sad, but she restrianed herself. She wasn't going to show any vulnerability to (Y/n).

"Why don't you just break up with Gianni?" Padgett asked unnecessarily aggressively.

"I-I love him." (Y/n) voice broke and Padgett rolled her eyes.

"Clearly! But it seems like you love him more than you love yourself, for fuck's sake- get some self worth! I don't care how big his dick is, the best option for both of you is to break things off. He gets to live and you get to be free. Simple." Padgett explained her view of things.

"I don't want t-"

"It's either that or you get tortured like this for the rest of your life or however long cling to Gianni for. I know him and it's not even close to worth it." She said harshly.

(Y/n) nodded a little at Padgett to show her that she'd consider what she was saying.

Later in gym, Gianni could tell that (Y/n)'s head was in a completely different place.

She was thinking over what Padgett had said, it made a lot of sense but (Y/n) didn't want to leave Gianni. But she had to ask herself if she really loved Gianni more than she hated what her dad was making her do.

"Still tired?" He asked her when he noted how off she seemed, then again there was hardly a day when she wasn't at least a little off.

(Y/n) smiled softly at him and nodded. In a tender action, Gianni enveloped (Y/n) in his arms and rubbed her back gently.

"Maybe afterwards, we can find somewhere for you to take a little nap." He offered.

(Y/n) smiled sadly into him, he was so sweet but he wouldn't be with her for much longer. "I'm alright, that would only fuck up my sleeping schedule even more."

"(L/n)! Carro! Get jogging, come on!" Their gym teacher yelled at the pair and they resumed running.

As the whole class did laps, (Y/n) managed to catch Orlando's eye. He mouthed something to her that she couldn't quite make out but she was sure it was something about talking to him.

She shook her head at him subtly and gestured to Gianni.

Despite her clear movements, there seemed to be miscommunication on both ends so Orlando sped up to catch up to (Y/n) and Gianni anyway.

"Yellow car!" He cheered as he reached them. Gianni had to hold back a groan when he heard Orlando's voice. "Remember that?" He nudged (Y/n).

"Uh-huh." She gave him a look that read as 'please can we not do this now' but unfortunately Orlando wasn't picking up the signals.

"I just wanted to check to see how you are." He followed up.

"I-"

"She's fine." Gianni answered for her, he grabbed onto (Y/n)'s hand and began to speed up and run away from Orlando.

(Y/n)'s legs were burning beneath her as she panted heavily at the speed Orlando was dragging her at.

She wrenched her hand away from Gianni's and began to slow down, he matched her speed.

"Sorry about that, he was just bothering me."

(Y/n) was too out of breath to respond in any other way than slowing down to the extent that Orlando could rejoin their side.