XLII- power couple

That next week at school it seemed that Gianni was on a mission to show absolutely everyone he could that they were dating.

Kisses between them were no longer chaste and brief and he loved to make a show of it in the hall or even in some classes much to the dismay of their fellow students and teachers.

Even if the constant showing off of their relationship could get annoying they were widely known as quite a cute couple throughout the school.

Padgett had been avoiding (Y/n), if she didn't want to listen to her warnings then that's just fine. She was the one who would suffer anyway. Padgett had been desperately trying to forget about (Y/n) but everytime she overheard someone taking about how cute she was with Gianni it was getting hard to ignore.

"Let's just skip." Gianni suggested when (Y/n) told him she needed to go to a class that he didn't share with her. His arm was around her waist as he tried to keep her from going.

"No, I can't afford to skip school again. We're lucky we weren't caught the first time." She responded with a smile. "I'll see you right after."

"Maybe I could talk to the principal and try to get my classes changed so I can be with you." He suggested to which (Y/n) laughed and shook her head, not knowing that he wasn't joking in the slightest.

"I think you'll live." (Y/n) went up on her toes to give him a quick kiss and slipped out of his arms.

Gianni sadly watched her walk away. He felt guilty that he couldn't be fully happy, she was his girlfriend and was now almost always around him when they weren't separated by classes. He should have been satisfied.

But it seemed that he could never get quite enough of her. As long as she wasn't constantly attached to him then he could never be fully contented.

In her chemistry class, the teacher put all the students into pairs to perform an experiment.

(Y/n) didn't know loads of people in this particular class, usually she'd try to sit with Orlando though she hadn't really spoken to him since they kissed.

She silently prayed that they wouldn't be put together, she could tell he was upset that she was going out with Gianni and she didn't really want to have this discussion in a chemistry lesson.

Just her luck that the teacher put them together.

"Hey..." He approached her desk as (Y/n) started to set up.

She smiled at him politely and got in with preparing all for the apparatus, she wanted to focus on the work so she didn't have to talk to Orlando.

"I haven't really had a good time to talk to you but I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry about what happened at Padgett's. I like you, okay? I was just really happy to be kissing you and I got carried away." He said shamefully.

(Y/n) was surprised with how honest she was being, it wasn't that she was especially happy with what he was saying, the opposite actually, but she did appreciate that he wasn't beating around the bush with it at all.

"It's in the past. I'm with Gianni now, we can still be friends." She said conclusively.

"Can we? I don't know if you've noticed but he doesn't really like me." Orlando mimed getting punched in the face to remind (Y/n) of that incident.

"Gianni's my boyfriend but that doesn't mean he controls who my friends are." (Y/n) could grant Orlando that Gianni's controlling nature that had been prevalent in their friendship had continued into their romantic relationship but all he had done was grant warnings surrounding Padgett so far.

"I'm gonna level with you, (Y/n). I'm not just saying this because I have some crush on you but I don't think you and Gianni are gonna last." Orlando began to measure a blue substance carelessly.

(Y/n), offended, opened her mouth to interrupt but Orlando continued.

"And I know you're gonna say something about how I don't know him or I don't know your relationship but I see the way he is around you and I don't think it's normal." He shrugged as if his words were the most natural thing in the world.

"God, you sound exactly like Padgett." (Y/n) rolled her eyes, she as sick of hearing all these bad things about Gianni from an obviously biased perspective.

"What's wrong with that?" Orlando challenged her.

"You know what I mean." She huffed.

"Padgett's my best friend, she's really not that bad."

"I'm not getting into this again." (Y/n) sighed. "Can we just do the work? Please?"

"Fine by me."

After school, (Y/n) went back to Gianni's house to stay with him for a few hours. They were laying in his bed together when she decided to bring up what happened.

"I spoke to Orlando today." She stated.

"About Padgett's birthday incident?" Gianni was running his fingers through (Y/n)'s hair peacefully, picking out knots as he went.

"Yeah... he said he was sorry which is good I guess but he was just saying some stuff I didn't like."

"What did he say?" Gianni shot back quickly, concern for his girlfriend grew inside of him.

"He said that we were gonna break up and that you weren't normal around me, whatever that means. It sucks because he's my friend and I want to still talk to him. But he likes me and I'm with you and-"

"You didn't say that he liked you." Gianni suddenly sat up. "You told him you were taken, right?" He asked in a panic.

"He knows that we're together. I don't know....if I wanted to remain friends with him would you... be okay with that?" (Y/n) hazarded the question slowly.

No. That was the answer Gianni wanted to give. But that would be stupid. That would only prove to (Y/n) how controlling, possessive and not 'normal' he was.

Orlando was a nuisance but he was manageable.

"It's not up to me who your friends are." Gianni began. "But you can decide if you want to be friends with someone who has hurt you, wants something different out of your friendship and doesn't support your choices."

He eyes her carefully to see if she'd call him out on his manipulation.

"I'm just gonna see if he bothers to apologize. One thing's for sure, I'm not making the first move." She said decidedly.

Gianni nodded, it wasn't the greatest outcome but it was as good as it was going to get for now.