LXIV- alone

(Y/n) woke up and at first she almost forgot about what had happened, but then it all flooded back.

"Shit." She grumbled.

(Y/n) lethargically got up from the bed and picked up the dirty dish from last night. She walked out of the bedroom in some pyjamas that Gianni was letting her borrow until he could get her some new clothes.

On the floor by her room (Y/n) noticed a slip of paper, she picked it up after placing her plate on the kitchen counter.

It basically said a bunch of shit she already knew because he told her yesterday. She pulled a face when he mentioned a pager.

Now this she didn't know about. It didn't take long for (Y/n) to spot the device sitting on the coffee table. She took a brief look at it, there were very few buttons on it and (Y/n) had never used one before. She hardly knew how it worked.

She didn't think Gianni would be stupid enough to give her something that she'd be able to contact anyone but him with but she wouldn't even be able to if she tried. (Y/n) wasn't very tech savvy.

Hell, she doubted she'd be able to figure out how to contact Gianni on it. It didn't matter too much, it wasn't like she planned on checking up on him.

(Y/n) put the pager back where she'd found it and threw the note in the trash. She quickly cleaned up the plate so she could use it for her breakfast.

She didn't like eating the food he made her, it would only validate his incessant need to provide for her but (Y/n) also didn't want to be wasteful and it wasn't as if there was much else from what Gianni had made or bought apart from canned beans and soups.

Part of her was just telling her to be grateful. He was someone who she got along with, he hadn't physically hurt her, he wasn't rushing anything sexual, he clearly cared for her a lot and despite how she felt about him in that current moment she also haboured a lot of feelings for him.

It could have been a lot worse.

(Y/n) didn't think he was doing this for selfish ressons, she truly thought that he believed he was protecting her by doing this. But that didn't justify it.

He had more than just a few screws loose and (Y/n) wanted the old Gianni back.

The guy who watched her favorite movie, who took her to the mall, who ate lunch with her everyday, who skipped school for ice cream with her, who took her to the dance.

But indulging his desire for her affection and kindness would only justify what he'd done. She needed to make him understand that she wasn't happy here, and wouldn't ever be.

She kept herself busy by half reading and book and half thinking about what the fuck was going on for a few hours. The pager on the coffee table started beeping just after (Y/n) had her lunch.

It was then she realised that she had no idea what any of it meant. Was he speaking in Morse code or some shit? Or was he just beeping it randomly to let her know that he was there?

She beeped him back in return so he didn't think she'd ran off or anything.

(Y/n) folded down her place in the book and placed it down. If she had any hope of getting out she had to get her bearings, not just sit there.

She decided to explore the cabin first and try to gather where they even were. He'd left so early so they must've been far away from school... or maybe that was an elaborate rouse to make her think they were far away so she'd give up.

But the Gianni she knew wouldn't voluntarily spend time without her. But then again, did she really know Gianni at this point?

Everything was so needlessly complicated.

As (Y/n) looked around the cabin she quickly found that there wasn't much to see. The living room, kitchen and dining room all operated as one open plan space by the front door. There was one bedroom and one bathroom and that was it.

There were a few photos around the place, most looked quite old but she could guess by looking at the resemblance that they were all relatives of Gianni.

Other than that, the cabin didn't really have anything of interest. No map, no mail, no clues of any kind.

(Y/n) looked out the window, the woods were thick and they were clearly much deeper in them than Felix's house was. There was a thin dirt road ahead which was obviously what Gianni had driven down.

She tried the front door and surprisingly enough, it was unlocked. Gianni didn't strike (Y/n) as the sloppy type so he was clearly confident that she couldn't get away even with no locks.

It made sense. They were far away from civilization even in a car, if (Y/n) was to try and walk she'd probably die from exposure first. Gianni knew that and he knew that she'd know that.

It was still worth a try. (Y/n) was aware that there was no conceivable way for her to escape right then but maybe she could try and get an idea of what the woods were like and try to create a map in her head.

She shut the door and went back inside. From the partly unpacked bag she got out some of Gianni's clothes. It was either them or the dress Felix had got her to wear.

(Y/n) threw on his coat and shoes, she layered up some of his socks so the shoes would fit her properly.

This may have been a bad idea and he probably wouldn't be happy if he found out about it.

(Y/n) would just have to make sure he never did.

She'd been navigating the woods for a few hours, keeping track of her turns in a notebook so she didn't get lost.

It was actually a nice environment that (Y/n) wished she could properly appreciate without the anxiety of thinking about what time Gianni was going to be home and making sure she got back before then.

There were a few animals that she could see, but none that were overly threatening. It was very calm, something (Y/n) had been unable to feel for the past month.

It was nice.

She eventually found a clearing of some kind. This was good. No, this was better than good, this was great!

She scribbled it down on the notebook and grinned to herself.

If there was a clearing then it meant that there had been some human intervention, it was too far from the cabin to be attached to the Carros. This meant that people came out here, if she could catch someone at the right time they could be her ticket out.

Satisfied with her findings for the day, (Y/n) retraced her steps back to the cabin with the sun lowering in the sky.